Washington Outdoors

• Thread starter Greggo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Greggo

I'm about to start my first attempt at ever growing and because of my location I need to do it outside. I live at the tip of Puget sound dead center of western washington any advice or common problems you've had that would help me would be greatly appreciated

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

A lot of fungal issues from what I have heard of that neck of the woods. Botryitis (bud rot) and Powdery Mildew. Those are most common PNW outdoor problems anyways. Not sure of pest issues around that area. I would look for mold resistant strains or early strains that finish no later than the beginning of October. Where I am, I have to do the same, due to the high PM in my area when the fall hits as well as the Botrytis from how rainy it gets. Best of luck, and if you stick with this site you won't be disappointed with what you can achieve. Welcome to the farm!

Hoptastic

Hoptastic

A little south of you. I agree that in the PNW, mold is going to be your biggest issue. I recommend fast flowering or mold resistant varieties. This year I'm running:

- The Church
- Bangi Haze
- Critical + 2.0
- Blue Dream

Last year I ran mostly medical varieties. The most resistant were:

- Critical cure
- Medical mass

C

Chamitch

Ya def oldschool netherland strains should be good for that moisture issue. Want more sativa airy buds durban, ppp, frisian dew. Early pearl. Also i have seen early strains coming out sort of like mighty mite using ruderalis to knock off a week of flower but not auto flowering. Look for fast version thats photoperiod

Dan789

Dan789

To say that area gets rain, is an understatement, I lived for a while in Bremerton, higher up the Olympic peninsula doesn't it rain like 300"/year?

Top Bottom