Washington State

• Thread starter inthegorge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
inthegorge

inthegorge

I am still here so I may as well introduce myself. I live in the absolutely amazing Columbia Gorge on the eastern side of the Cascades where the summers are long and hot and dry. We live right on the majestic Columbia river, have our own private beach and life is just about as good as it can get:-) I live with my husband, 2 dogs, 2 parrots, 3 cats and my youngest daughter and life is seldom boring! After my family music is my greatest love and most of my life I work so I can go to music festivals, concerts and any live music I can manage...(except country). I have been to well over 500 concerts, about 30 different music festivals, and lets not forget Burning Man:-)

Being 57 years old I am not a novice to the growing scene and I used to grow for a living a long time ago. Now with legal recreational weed here I have applied for 2 growing licenses, one in Klickitat County in a 4400 sq. ft warehouse with a 100'x100' outdoor space with 2 partners and one in Benton County further east in an 1100 sq. ft house with a 70'x80' outdoor grow space with one partner. If anyone would have told me 3 years ago that this would happen or even be a possibility I would not have believed it but here I am working through the licensing process and looking at being able to have the job of my dreams literally:-) While the laws and rules here for legal recreational weed are less than optimal it is an important first step and one that has to happen before true legalization can occur in this wonderful yet crazy country. I have read lots of great information in the assorted threads here on so many aspects of growing but my first post was a reach out for advice on large growing operations and it did not go well so I will not repeat that mistake here again. I would be most happy however to help anyone out that I can especially with the licensing process that I am quickly becoming an expert at:-/ I do believe that legalization will innovate the growing process in general and I am excited at the opportunity that has quite literally landed on my doorstep. There are many naysayers here that have said "you will fail," "you are doomed," "don't even try," and I have even been accused of trying to "whore out substandard weed" which is ridiculous since I haven't even grown any for legal sale yet, but I am confident that our little businesses will be successful and I will have an absolute blast doing it:-) I only hope each and every one of you that post here have the opportunity I have sometime in your lifetime and if you do make sure to grab it and make your own history!

Drifting13

Drifting13

Pull up a chair and sit a while, inthegorge. Welcome to the Farm.

inthegorge

inthegorge

No but we go there every time we see music at the Gorge Amphitheater. Love the Hispanic market in Quincy and always get carnitas, their great verde salsa and fresh warm tortillas every year for Dave Matthews Band:-) We are in the gorge not far from The Dalles but on the WA side of the river.

inthegorge

inthegorge

Very good to know and thank you for reaching out! With the whole legal license thing we have a final inspection and then we are open for business and can turn the lights on as it were. We then have a 15 day window to bring whatever strains we can in, seeds or clones or even big plants but they cannot be in flower yet. After the 15 day window we can't get clones or seeds from anyone other than someone that is licensed with the WA Liquor Control Board. I am not sure exactly what that will mean for Washingtonians and new strains in the legal market but unfortunately I do not control the system. If I find myself getting out that way before our 15 day window is over I will definitely see if we can do some business:-)

Reactions: rvd
BrotherGreen

BrotherGreen

I got a couple places by the gorge. One right outside of Fort Stevens and another in Portland.
Here is a video I produced by Jones Beach while I was doing tech work for the government...
Pleased to meet you!

L

lost360

Thanks for posting this but lots of people against the rec market because mmj is getting gutted so im going back to pain pills so i dont have to but over priced swag its outdoor guy lol good luck the govener needs more hookers and blow they going to flop lmfo i love watching this good luck

inthegorge

inthegorge

Thanks for posting this but lots of people against the rec market because mmj is getting gutted so im going back to pain pills so i dont have to but over priced swag its outdoor guy lol good luck the govener needs more hookers and blow they going to flop lmfo i love watching this good luck

Your lack of punctuation makes your message hard to read:-/ So I guess only people with medical needs should have access to weed and the rest of us should remain criminals? Look...I am all for people that need cannabis for medicine to have full access, but not at the cost of the rest of the population still being arrested and put in jail! No one that voted for legal weed in WA state wanted the medical situation to be touched. Blame the government because for them it is all about money and if people that have medical cards sell it to people without medical cards the government wants their piece of the pie. Is it optimal.....NO, but it is far better than only people with medical need to have access and no one else legally. If I had my way it would just be legal, period, everyone that wanted to could grow it, everyone that wanted to could use it to their hearts content. It is not that way however and I am really sorry if medical actually gets trashed. I went to 4 public meetings about it and had to drive over 200 miles each way for 2 of them. I voiced my opinions that medical should not be changed and to date no changes have been enacted regardless of the "opinions of the WA LCB or the WA Department of Revenue which of course should not be involved in the discussion of medical matters at all. All I can do is keep phoning, emailing and writing our legislators so they know people still believe that medical cannabis should not be affected. That might be more effective than whining at people trying to grow legally. It should not have to be one or the other, we should all have access and the legal right to use!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Nice introduction, inthegorge. I'm rather envious when reading your talk of living *on* the river.

Have you read Sometimes A Great Notion? I feel it's a great book.

Last edited:
inthegorge

inthegorge

:) Thanks Seamaiden! I agree...it is a wonderful book and I read it when I was much younger. We are really fortunate to live on the banks of the mighty Columbia river....it is about a mile across at our house and in the summer I kayak nearly every day. We live in the area of the gorge called "the wall" and in the summer the river is inundated with wind surfers and kite sails which is quite the colorful contrast to the landscape here.

I am however jealous of all of you who live in the gorgeous state of CA where winters are warmer! I am getting too old for 15 degree weather even with a hot tub to soak these cold bones:-/ More southern climates are calling to me as I age:-)

Mr.H

Mr.H

Hey ITG, I'm another Washington medical guy that lives on the Columbia, only up in Wenatchee. I worked for BNSF as a signalman out of Wishram back in 95. I love it down in the gorge. I don't know if it's still around, but there used to be a deli in Stevenson that sold a sandwich called the "Tuna Boat" that was absolutely to die for.:hungry:

MrCannabliss

MrCannabliss

@inthegorge I am new to the Farm as well though I have not introduced myself yet. I admire your "sticktoitness" and am looking forward to watching you grow!:)

inthegorge

inthegorge

We live in Maryhill Mr. H so very close to Wishram. I have only been through Wenatchee once but it was lovely around those parts! Haven't tried much at Stevenson in the way of food I have to say. We do go there for the Blues, Brews, and BBQ's beer and blues fest there most years though.

Thank you MrCannabliss:-) I am too!

Top Bottom