Watch My Small closet grow

• Thread starter Bijuu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bijuu

Bijuu

currently have a small funny shaped closet that I could probably fit 4 plants in. 1st grow. Using Happy frog on 2 and MG organic on 2. Also have hydroponics nutes, cal mag, a box fan,, humidifier, and a vivosun

ventilator fan pulling air out. I also have these lights I got from the job. What do yall pros think?

Watch my small closet grow
Watch my small closet grow 2
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Bijuu

Bijuu

Much appreciated feedback. Its not putting out too much heat to where it drastically alters the temperature in the closet. 5000k, 2200 lumens, 150 w. I also have a 25w led full spectrum grow light, but i didn't think it was putting out enough power for them. Would that in conjunction with the 2 LEDs be better? I'll probably upgrade to a better full spectrum light later in the grow.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Much appreciated feedback. Its not putting out too much heat to where it drastically alters the temperature in the closet. 5000k, 2200 lumens, 150 w. I also have a 25w led full spectrum grow light, but i didn't think it was putting out enough power for them. Would that in conjunction with the 2 LEDs be better? I'll probably upgrade to a better full spectrum light later in the grow.
So it's not 150w. It's 24w per bulb. Why I said two more to get you up to 100 true watts. Just spitballing.

The important thing with light is not energy, but number of photons. While that corresponds, the way it does so is not necessarily intuitive. A light can look brighter to our eyes but not actually have more photons for photosynthesis because it was designed to look bright, not grow plants. Every wave length sees photons absorbed by the plant at a different percentage. The optimal mix is something nobody knows.

The below video is very helpful. Bugbee is one of the world's foremost expert on indoor grow light spectrum, and he includes cannabis in his studies because a whole lot of cannabis gets grown indoors. A lot of his funding is from NASA because they watched the Martian and got scared. šŸ™ƒ So while nobody truly knows, he is a legit scientist leading a team that is getting closer.

Bijuu

Bijuu

Thank you. This video really factored into the quantum led I just purchased

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Thank you. This video really factored into the quantum led I just purchased
I think making an informed buying decision on a growing specific light is absolutely the right call if you are able. Obviously I and at least several others on the forum really value Bugbee's work. Also pretty obvious at least some lighting manufacturers are selling lights that corresponds to his recommendations.

Glad you found the video useful!

Latest posts

Top Bottom