Watch out for mice or rats in your grow room

• Thread starter mrsdabfire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

In a previous home I had, my grow was in my attic. I'd get mice up there every winter, but none down below in the living quarters.

My mice had a taste for seedlings. After mouse-proofing the room, I trapped them into extinction each year. The sticky traps work best when you know the route the mice are taking, since they give off no scent to attract them. One year, mice came through little pipe elbows I used for air intake, so sticky traps worked well. They do seem cruel, compared to the other methods of trapping, though.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I dealt with an invasion in a house I rented in Vallejo California by using my favorites, victor rat traps. I kept score and I think the final tally was like 25.Love the,WHAP!, of a rat trap! It sounds like victory! But if you have a bad heart, might want to stick with stickies as they can be touchy to set.

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

Get yourself an A1 goodnature trap. They’re expensive but they kill everything. Screw mouse traps. I live in the woods and battle all sorts of rodents. Packrats being the worst and this trap kills em all. A rat bastard stole a jar of my weed. I am going to kill the whole bloodline….

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Get yourself an A1 goodnature trap. They’re expensive but they kill everything. Screw mouse traps. I live in the woods and battle all sorts of rodents. Packrats being the worst and this trap kills em all. A rat bastard stole a jar of my weed. I am going to kill the whole bloodline….
😂👍

Homesteader

Homesteader

A huge problem for me on my farm. When water is scarce they curdle my trees. Rats may or may not do this. I have never observed them do it though.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Well, get yourself some rat traps and a jar of peanut butter. Both cheap. You can put a dent in them! It’s great sport! Make sure you tie the trap to something otherwise they will disappear into the bush at times. And pets can be problematic.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
wtf..! geezus, sure it’s not a beaver?
get a cat, or seal the house up, or use some mouse traps..
The added cat hair to your buds is an acquired taste, it takes a while to get over the initial hack barf reflex but soon it becomes just part of the aroma and buzz I look forward to. We only have short haired cats now I just couldn't handle the long hair sizzle down the entire joint.

Latest posts

Top Bottom