Water advice needed

• Thread starter Danoid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Danoid

Danoid

I am need of some water advice. Here is my query my tap water(this is a 5 year average) shows chlorine at .9 ppb, haloacetic acid(HAA5) at 60ppb, trihalomethanes(TTHM) at 80ppb, sodium at 7.8ppm comes out of the tap at 268ppm and 6.8 ph today. I cannot find anywhere in the published reports where they use chloromine and in my google studies of the other things in the water(HAA5 and TTHM) these are not chloromine or am I missing something(product of out come based education). So I think I should just be able to airstone boil this for 48 hours, and be able to use. I am growing TLO right now and will be making the jump over to DTW coco using Lucas/h3ad (trying to get rid of 15 year old GH nutes before I start making my own) . I literally killed it on two small test runs using overdriven t8's, modified lucas and caps bennies so the switch is inevitable.Right now I am lugging RO water from another place and it is getting to be a real PITA. It is just not possible to set up RO onsite. What I do with the TLO water now is add calmag until I get 150ppm i am thinking to finish this run is drop the calmag just mix 1/2 RO and 1/2 tap that gives me 150 ppm's and a ph of 7.0. Then after the switch to coco just go with the tap. Does this sound like a good plan? In my reading and some experience(when I ran Rock wool in the same place 15 years ago) I don't think I need the hard water micro. What say you when it comes to coco? Any advice or input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks and if the mods think this should be in the coco forum please move

Reactions: mal
socalval

socalval

aint nothin to it but to do it.... As a True living organics grower ive found a good water source is key . I use spring water for veg and the first week of bloom . Then i use the R/O for flower and flushing ,i fill 2 5gall jugs for 2.25 as soon as they change the filter . I make sure its around seven other than that i dont use a meter that often . Your brand of cal-mag ? Gen Org i hope . I have coco in my mix so idk about straight coco and tap. What i do is clone a test plant that i know and if im second guessing myself i try it out on one plant . TLO and tap dont mix IMHO. My budd uses tap and hes in straight block coco and killin it but its not organic . Tap has alot of Cal so just off set the cal mag with some molasass and FLUSH. Im trying to find a DIY R/O small boy . Also look into the brita pitcher or sink attachment to filter your tap at home. Youll just need to buy a new filter every month but if you have the cash it beets going to the store to fill 5 galljugs every month.
May the force be with you .

Danoid

Danoid

I agree whole heartedly I had never ending problems until I started using RO in my TLO grow. I had never tried half and half so I think I will just finish this run out in RO. Here they are two weeks in
My pics 015
six different strain. Yes I use GO CAMA+ for all my TLO and I use technofloral calimagical on my last two coco runs with my RO. I have a killer RO setup that performs excellent but I just cannot set it up at the grow sit so I will have to lugg water for the next 6-8 weeks. Thanks for the input

Reactions: mal
nebulius

nebulius

I've done it with RO and without. In coco I would suggest to use straight tap because of the extra cal you get. you can add 1gram per gal of epsom salt for MG or use molasses for both cal and mg. my molasses has 8% cal and 10% mg i believe.

to get rid of chlorine get a small aquarium pump $10 at petsmart and a few airstones $3 and bubble the water in a bucket for a few hrs or overnight. this also adds oxygen to the water which is a benefit.

Danoid

Danoid

Thanks for the reply what I was looking for is what someone elses water report looks like and if it comes out and says if it has chloromine. Or does it look like mine and these chemicals in my water make up the breakdown of chloromine. Thanks

socalval

socalval

I dont use my city tap its full of chloromine and that CAN NOT be bubbed out !

Top Bottom