Water and Nutes during late flower

• Thread starter Ready_set_g0
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Ready_set_g0

Hey hey,

With the help of input on this site I did not prematurely harvest my plans about 2-3 weeks early. Phew and thanks! Keeping my plants in the ground for longer raises a question, what to do with water and/or nutes because I stopped applying thinking I needed to do a flush.

I was giving a combination of FF BB + Tiger Bloom 1-2x weekly from about 2 weeks into until 5 weeks. Also gave some molasses with it while balancing PH as needed. I stopped giving nutes because I thought I was getting close to harvest. There was a massive rain for 4 days (I figured the flush) and since then about a week and a half of absolutely beautiful weather. It slipped my mind to possibly get back at providing some nutrients, or at least molasses with the extra couple weeks in the ground.

The buds have gotten a little bigger and a bit more dense, but not a ton and I don't really know what to expect (newbie). Looking with a loupe I think I might harvest one this weekend, but push the other to next week. So, my question is, what is standard for watering and nutes during the 2 weeks leading to harvest. I've heard that no water, colder weather adds stress which is what we want. We have a light rain coming Thursday prior to potential harvest of the 1st plant this weekend.

Here's a couple pics of the plant that's a little farther along. Sorry for the bad close ups..working a phone camera through the loupe.

Image0 3
Image2 1

Image14 1
Image0
Image1 2

Last edited:
Anthem

Anthem

Hey hey,

With the help of input on this site I did not prematurely harvest my plans about 2-3 weeks early. Phew and thanks! Keeping my plants in the ground for longer raises a question, what to do with water and/or nutes because I stopped applying thinking I needed to do a flush.

I was giving a combination of FF BB + Tiger Bloom 1-2x weekly from about 2 weeks into until 5 weeks. Also gave some molasses with it while balancing PH as needed. I stopped giving nutes because I thought I was getting close to harvest. There was a massive rain for 4 days (I figured the flush) and since then about a week and a half of absolutely beautiful weather. It slipped my mind to possibly get back at providing some nutrients, or at least molasses with the extra couple weeks in the ground.

The buds have gotten a little bigger and a bit more dense, but not a ton and I don't really know what to expect (newbie). Looking with a loupe I think I might harvest one this weekend, but push the other to next week. So, my question is, what is standard for watering and nutes during the 2 weeks leading to harvest. I've heard that no water, colder weather adds stress which is what we want. We have a light rain coming Thursday prior to potential harvest of the 1st plant this weekend.

Here's a couple pics of the plant that's a little farther along. Sorry for the bad close ups..working a phone camera through the loupe.

View attachment 1291406View attachment 1291405

View attachment 1291409View attachment 1291408View attachment 1291404
You are in a hard place. The heads are all still clear but it sounds also like you are starting to get some weather issues. If it was my decision I would probably do as you are thinking. Harvest one and leave the other. The early harvest plant will give a rapid high that will not last. The further the heads change to amber the more couch lock effect tge buds will give.
If you start seeing brown leaves in the largest colas it is mold and once it gets into one it will get into others. Be mindful and good luck

R

Ready_set_g0

We have the one day of rain this Thursday but clear weather outside of that for the next 7 days.

Somehow, I haven’t seen any mold/rot, but maybe I don’t exactly know what to look for. During the last storm I was shaking them off multiple times a day. Otherwise the weather has been ideal. I water directly at the base of the plant. Should I be giving them some during this later stage?

Last edited:
steamroller

steamroller

To me you can water away, but you are still in last two weeks even if you thought that 2 [ or however many ] weeks ago..
I don't continue with any ferts for last two weeks. I don't go out of my way to flush my plants, but they can have as much water as they need.
One of the 'finishing' signs is the plant uses much less water.

R

Ready_set_g0

Ok cool. I'll water lightly without going crazy. The leaves haven't shouted out the plant needs water, but I figure with the flowers developing more resin some hydration might help. (I never claimed to be a chemist!)

Overall, I'm happy with my first grow. Just trying do whatever I can without screwing it up.

J

Jojo420

Don't do anything. Let um dry out . The buds will keep producing resin and pray the rain don't mold your crop.
Don't flood the roots that is where the problems will begin.
And if all else fails , harvest your plant as it looks smokable to me.
Best wishes :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom