Water changes 🥴

• Thread starter BudsAlive
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudsAlive

BudsAlive

Hiy all, so here's my dilemma, due to coronas19, I'm now not able to buy my usual bottled water, so today I've been testing my tap water it sits at.
pH 7.2
Ppm 247
Ec 0494
us/cm 0.90
Apart from some pH down do you think these levels would be acceptable..
So when mixing in my nutes take it to the same levels?

ru knuts

ru knuts

If you knew what the 247 ppm was comprised of. My well water is 233 ppm and mostly iron, so mine won't work for me. I do use it to top off my rez, but that's about it. If you're growing in soil you'd probably be ok.

BudsAlive

BudsAlive

Na I'm in Coco, just didn't want to splash out on an Ro device if I didn't have to.
Been trying to find out from local water company, but nothing, I'm in the UK and our water is very safe to drink with our water treatment centers.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hiy all, so here's my dilemma, due to coronas19, I'm now not able to buy my usual bottled water, so today I've been testing my tap water it sits at.
pH 7.2
Ppm 247
Ec 0494
us/cm 0.90
Apart from some pH down do you think these levels would be acceptable..
So when mixing in my nutes take it to the same levels?

This water can usually be used with extra runoff to help clear out calcium buildup. Assuming there is nothing harmful in it.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I think you will be fine using tap water. usually tap water is treated to remove iron and sulfur, but the remmaining minerals are useful. The natural acidity of the nutrients and coco will balance out the water's Ph, wespecially if you are growing in soil. DWC/Hydro is different, so I can't comment much on them, but regular container based growing should be fine.

BudsAlive

BudsAlive

Great I'm in Coco and perlite think I'm going to be forced to take a chance.
Thanks 😄

BudsAlive

BudsAlive

So if I buy a Ro unit and put my water through it, what do you think will happen to the pH?
I just thinking ahead, incase I resort to buying one..

ru knuts

ru knuts

So if I buy a Ro unit and put my water through it, what do you think will happen to the pH?
I just thinking ahead, incase I resort to buying one..
My pH is stable after RO system once the nutrients are added, and don't have to add pH up or down. But need to add calmag.

BudsAlive

BudsAlive

Mmm I can see myself investing in one,
Well the plan anyway is to start DWC once this sack of Coco is finished 😉 🤷

ru knuts

ru knuts

I got as aquarium RO system (no tank) from Amazon $70. I think I saved more than that already, since the end of January.
If you can have your water tested to really know what's in it you may not need one, mine is full of iron, requiring more nutrients and pH up/down.

BudsAlive

BudsAlive

I've just started 3 seed's so I could maybe trial it on one.
Just wondering has anyone tried black strap molasses? I started it a week ago, and really seen a difference.?

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
May I ask why you started using bottled water in the first place? That seems like a real pain in the ass.

BudsAlive

BudsAlive

Oh it is! While I'm in Coco, but when I first started growing, cause my pH was so high, and not sure what was in it , a friend suggested I use a certain type which had a pH of 5.6/6.2 every bottle with a ppm of 77.

fishbuds

fishbuds

I've just started 3 seed's so I could maybe trial it on one.
Just wondering has anyone tried black strap molasses? I started it a week ago, and really seen a difference.?
you may better off brewing that molasses with some ewc or compost or good soil. lots of reading on it.

BudsAlive

BudsAlive

Ewc? I don't know what that is.
ATM I'm adding molasses to my water, so alternate water/ molasses, then nutes 12 hours later and so on.

Top Bottom