Water Chiller : Required For My Room ?

• Thread starter Burned Haze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Burned Haze

* Since I run LED’s and they like higher temps with c02 ( 82-86f and 1000-1200ppm c02) . Would those temperatures require me to have a water chiller for coco DTW Rez system and be watered by submersible pump and wand 1-3 a day? Ethier room temps or cooler

* Do I need a chiller to keep the temperature down ( I use my 55 gal Rez from 1-3 days) ? I’m willing to use more power and be precautious so I don’t damage my teas ( would suck to know I’m killing all my beneficial cause of the higher temps )

* Just wasn’t sure if the threads about water chillers were just about hydro only ?

* if yes , what brands and suggestions and tips
* if no , anything I’m missing ?

BDGrows

BDGrows

I like to keep my res temps cool to prevent bacterial growth as well as control pH fluctuations amongst other things. I say go for it. I use an improvised wort chiller in my res but I am wanting to switch to an aquarium chiller due to its stability and temp control abilities. Happy growing,

- BD

B

Burned Haze

* If yes on water chiller : what brand suggested ?

* When I look around ( penguinchillers, iceboxes , eco commercial ) ?
Winner and reasons/why?

N

nicolajanjak

Hi mane

No
If I were you I would put the res. Out of the room. That’s the way it should be with dtw
Chiller suck power it’s useless take an ac instead

Peace mane

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Hi mane

No
If I were you I would put the res. Out of the room. That’s the way it should be with dtw
Chiller suck power it’s useless take an ac instead

Peace mane
actually great point. When I was a water baby and ran forms of dro the rez is or should be kept outside the groom as well as the chiller itself. Having a chiller inside the groom adds tons of heat back into the groom. Use this isolation method and watch your power bill drop.Added bonus is no worries with pathogens with cooler rez temps!!!

Size of rez is also a key component as larger volumes of water are easy to keep in target range of temps as larger volumes are easier to buffer and keep consistent temps. Smaller volumes are tougher to keep on point and the chiller will run more often.

H

heisen

Yes! Yes! I’m glad you asked Burned Haze! Your water should always be about 10 degrees COOLER than your ambient air temperature no matter what type of medium or system you grow in or how you water and feed (DTW)—especially if your reservoir is in the same room. Whether it is or isn’t, a water cooler is always a good idea. If your air temp is 82-86F, with a water cooler you can keep your water (tea) temp stable at 72-76F. I won’t pitch in what brand cause I don’t use em myself. I water and feed with spring water right outta the ground and by the time it gets to my soil its a good 10 degrees cooler then my air temp. A good grow shop will help you out with picking the right cooler you need.

By “good grow shop” I mean a grow shop who will give you good honest advice and not try and over-sell you on an expensive monstrosity you don’t even need. And keep your rez aireated with a couple of good bumblers. Your plants will explode with growth if your tea temp is right and oxygenated!

My new grow shop is a money laundering front for the Hells Angels and they don’t give a fuck about trying to rob your pocket book cause they’re already rolling in dough! They’ve helped me out big time with a few big purchases I had to make. I’m a big non-licensed commercial grower and got stuck in this expensive rut with having to buy expensive auto-trimmers. These things had blades and would jam up due to all the good resin they would strip off my Buds and I had to keep replacing them with more junk my old grow shop sold me. Or at least buy parts and or service for these pieces of shit until I caught on that the grow shop made big money margins on selling them!

A friend of mine tuned me in to an honest dealer who turned me on to a new kind of trimmer that didn’t use blades and was WAY cheaper than these $10,000+ bladed trimmers. It never broke down cause it doesn’t use blades or strip my valuable resin off my Buds! Doesn’t even need any maintenance either—or cleaning! It worked so well we bought 4 more! Its called a Toms Tumble Trimmer. So since I do use these cool simple machines I can recommend them not like water coolers!

Oh, and one more thing, I think CO2 is overrated!

I bought a whole system once and compared the results with several harvests and it didn’t do much improvement. If your ventilation is top notch, you’re plants will get plenty of CO2 in good fresh air!

Hope this helps!

If your co2 didnt make a difference it was hooked up wrong,you had air leaks,or your growing skills couldnt dial it in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom