• Start date
  • Tagged users None
lollipopman

lollipopman

I have a few ?'s on water chillers

Do they have to run all the time?

how much heat do they put out?

will they suck up my co2?

I have a 30gal res do i need one that does 30 or more or can i get one that does less?

E

ehole

no they don't run all the time, they have a temp shut off and when it get's to that temp they turn off till it rises up a few degress. they do put out a little bit of heat but nothing like a light does, more like what a dehumidifier would put out. i'd be really shocked about the co2 getting sucked out but i just don't really know for sure. i'd get one that can handle your res, if you get one that has to run longer more heat and more power gone. i'd look at maybe a 1/15 hp one, i think they handle up to 50 gallons

J

Jalisco Kid

Why put the chiller in the room? It will suck in your co2 but it will blow it right back out only hotter If you do a 1/15 hp will not even be close. I would not use that size on my cloner.
I build a box around my exhaust to duct the heat away. JK

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

I would get a 1/10 hp it does up to 60 gallons, I have a oecanic that works perfect keeps my rez with 2 degree spread and yes it will add heat to your room if your not using a/c I would move it outside the room if possible.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
what temp should I keep my daisy cloner water at? Do I need a water chiller? The water gets luke warm during the day but cools off later in the afternoon

lollipopman

lollipopman

i had the same problem with my daisy, it only holds like 2 gallons so i turned it into a
5gal bucket cloner works way better and keeps water cooler.... spend $2 at home depot or Lowe's for some PVC to extend the sprayer, then $1 for a 5gal lid cut the holes out for your neoprenes, turned mine from 8 site to a 16 site cloner

M

MIZZ ELVIS

You can always opt for the low cost ghetto version.....Freeze some water in plastic bottles,(2liter for 30 gallon rez) or you can buy re-useable ice cubes(daisy cloner) and add them to the res as you need them. If you go this method I would definetly buy a water temp. thermometer, and keep good records of times and temps, so you can figure the optimum amount, and rate for replacing the frozen bottles. You can also look for some sort of titanium chilling unit for aqauriums. Typically a small titanium aqaurium chiller (around $100) will be able to lower the water temp in a 10 gallon tank by 6-10 degrees below the ambient environmental temperature. Good Luck!!!!

Top Bottom