Water Cooled hps

• Thread starter Coxie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MASSES 420KING

my friends house burnt down due to water cooled lights there fuckin stupid water and electricty dont mesh well i wont ever use them.

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

Excuse me for doubting your understanding of the cause of the fire, but that doesn't make sense to me. Water and electricity doesn't equal fire. Electrocution maybe, but not fire. My first adult job was an electrician reconstructing fire damaged residential and commercial buildings. So I have some understanding of these things.

A very common scenario for growers would be overloaded electrical circuits and a malfunctioning circuit breaker. With a stuck circuit breaker the wire becomes a heating element and can heat the wood over time and start a fire inside the wall, out of sight.

Your more likely to fall asleep with a blunt in your hand and ignite your couch. Another reason to use a vaporizer, but it just doesn't taste as good to me. :mmm

Its very important to turn your circuit breakers off and on (exercise them) when setting up your equipment, a stuck circuit breaker can be a killer.
View attachment 88843
These clowns are either crazy or its a joke!!
:icon_spin:

R

RMCG

That pic gives me the willies...

Breaks a golden rule.
Water below the waist, electricity above.

M

MASSES 420KING

First off why the fuck am i gonna lie about some shit as serious as that fires arent anything to joke about man 2ndly the water ran down his cord into socket so you can suck it

N

noone88

Heh calm down.

Water and electricity will not directly cause fire. Indirect cause, sure, but not a direct cause. It may have started some crazy chain of events, but I doubt it would ignite anything.

M

MASSES 420KING

i stand by my previous statements,im sure if you looked a lil harder you will find that its happened to others before also reguardless of indirectly or directly if it didnt leak it wouldnt have happened so now no matter how you cut it [setting off chain of events] that water cooled light was responsible :420:king

R

RichieRich

Liquid Lumens Suck................ If your running 1 or 2 of them then you can probably get by just fine, but other than that you need to get the proper sized AC.

another_sellout

another_sellout

All this water cooled, air cooled, air conditioned expensive recirculating equipment is all to keep CO2 in the room? Is it to grow the plants right into the bulbs? What is the tangible increase in yield you folks see using this gear? I'm being totally serious, too. I operate at high altitude here in Colorado, and I want to know if forcing the issue of building a sealed system will really bring the yield. Can't you just push and pull air fast enough?

N

noone88

It's mainly for people that for some reason can't add additional air conditioning, but have the power to bring in 1+ tonnage of water chilling. Or they have access to well water.

I know of people that do huge grow ops (totally non-med, stealing power, etc etc) and they intake/exhaust outside air. They work with familiar strains and can pull out crazy yields, but they do have to battle insects and PM constantly.

One of the main benefits of a CGE is the prevention of a pest problem. I don't think anyone can really quantitatively tell you the increased yield and quality by running enriched CO2 environment, but we all know it works and works well.

Lastly, depending on your latitude, CGE allows you to run year around. Most open air growers have to cycle down lights or stop completely during the summer months due to heat.

If you're in higher altitudes, swamp coolers work pretty well.

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

I'm not a HVAC engineer, but I've worked in many large facilities that use chilled water for cooling, i.e. convention centers, hospitals, schools. There are good reasons for using chilled water for cooling I just can't quantify them.

Swimming pools, buried reservoir are a few sources of cheap cooling. A radiator with a fan can cool water in some situation. It doesn't have to be very cold to work.

In general if you can stop or reduce the heat before it spreads through out the room its much more efficient.
:icon_spin:

R

RMCG

Data centers use chillers and evap cooling towers because they make economic sense, more so than A/C.

You can get a 10 ton cooling tower for ~2k, fits in a 5'x5'x'5 footprint and brings 95* water down 10* (or ~10* above wet bulb temps) @ 30GPM, just through evaporation alone. Have that inline before your mechanical chiller and you reduce your load on it immensely.

Would it look 'interesting' in your backyard? Sure. But cooling towers and chillers do not look out of place in a commercial location or rooftop.

Top Bottom