Water cure before QWISO? And how fine should I grind my buds?

• Thread starter munchie725
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

munchie725

I managed my first successful batch of QWISO with my trim and now I'm ready for my buds. I have 72g of popcorn buds for making QWISO.

The popcorn corn buds are all over dried and have been curing for about 2.5 weeks now and was wondering what people think about giving them a water cure for about 3-5 days before making my next QWISO batch. I'm going to do it anyway (I already have the buds weighed out and half of them in the jar of water as of 6:58pm Eastern Time today and I'm going to do a run of both after the water cure is done and dry to see how the final products compare) but just wanted to know what people thought or if anyone has done this experiment before.

I'm also wondering how finely should I break up the buds? Will my normal weed grinder (picture of teeth below) work or is that too fine? If my grinder would be too fine, what about using the pair of scissors I use for trimming to chop up the buds? I'm asking because with my first batch of QWISO with trim I put it through a Magic Bullet and that was way too fine and it ended up closer to RSO with a green tint. To break up the rest of the trim I put it in an old 1lb pipe tobacco bag and would squeeze and knead the bag for a while and that worked fairly well but I don't think that'll work as good with buds.

Water cure before qwiso and how fine should i grind my buds
Water cure before qwiso and how fine should i grind my buds 2
C

cronicoldguy

I am not a fan of QW. I want it all. I soak and repeat until I am satisfied I have pulled all I can.

Not sure what you are referring to as 'water cure'. Could you please elaborate? I have boiled off the solvent in water with mixed results.

As far as grinding the flower goes, I do the following. There is very minimal transfer loss this way.

- I air dry the flower at ambient temp for a day or two until dry.

- I use a French Coffee Press to do the initial extraction. I throw a handful or so of dried bud into the press. Then take a stainless steel kitchen whip and grind up the bud right inside the coffee press. Repeat until all ground.

- Then pour in enough solvent to cover the bud. Soak for 10-15 mins. Strain and repeat until satisfied.

- Be aware. The finer you grind it, the better the extraction. But will need finer filters at the end.

Top Bottom