Water/feeding before lights out?

• Thread starter BearWater
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Hey all! I just flipped my plants to 12/12 and have found myself available and willing to do work on them in the morning before lights out, including watering and feeding. Is this a NO-NO or does it even matter? Schedule is 10am off to 10pm on. Thanks!

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I usually water the plants near the middle of their day. That includes nutrients. I figured I'd wait till the lights were on for a while so there'd be some growth inertia from photosynthesis, and with plenty of time before lights off to avoid high humidity when the light is off and the tent cools. That's what I came up with and haven't had problems doing it that way. I generally like to make sure plants are doing well both before and after stressing them.

D

DougV

Morning or late afternoon, from the plants perspective.

Morning to allow the plant to absorb water for the hot day. Late afternoon is second best as it gives time for any water droplets to evaporate. I do 11pm-11am for flower and would water about 8am. I also use a battery powered transfer pump and a five gallon bucket. That allows me to water underneath the plant making sure no water splatters anywhere.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Thanks guys! Do you for see any issues going about it the way Iā€™m doing it? My thought was I didnā€™t like them sitting in their nutrients water for 12 hours, before kicking into grow mode for the day (nightšŸ¤Ŗ) if that makes a difference.

Galgrows

Galgrows

Hey all! I just flipped my plants to 12/12 and have found myself available and willing to do work on them in the morning before lights out, including watering and feeding. Is this a NO-NO or does it even matter? Schedule is 10am off to 10pm on. Thanks!
I'm gonna be no help but i have lights out 9pm on 5am. I always water/feed lights on and work on the plants then. I like working early mornings.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I don't like to leave them soaked all night. Their stomata are closed so it mostly sits there
Hmmmm, I hear you canna. Its kind of bugging me so I feel like a change is coming : ) thanks for the feedbackšŸ™
I only water a plant when it's dry, I don't water by time or schedule.
this is how I have been going about it also. Itā€™s just my lights are off during the day and dont come on till later 10pm and by that time I got a three year old sprawled across me passed out lol! For example: they needed their water this morning when I went out there but the lights were only on for another hour after watering feeding. And Im right there with canna when it comes to not wanting the plants sitting in the water/feed without using it. Im probably just going to make it a point to water in the evenings now : ) littlest little will just have to go snuggle her mamma instead hahaha!!
I'm gonna be no help but i have lights out 9pm on 5am. I always water/feed lights on and work on the plants then. I like working early mornings.
Hey itā€™s all good feedback! Thanks for jumpin in : ) now you got the perfect schedule! If I could do this I would in a heart beat! My lights go off and on the 10s, and this is so I can beat the heat. Im the same way though, love to work early then fuck off the rest of the day lol! I can get some work done but then the lights go off so if I watered they are just kind of sitting there in the dark not doing much ( from the sounds of it). Im probably going to start watering with lights on : )

Bilber

Bilber

My area is like what it is outside in CNY....I do not like to feed when the lights are going out because that drastically raises the rh.....my light schedule is 9:05am on - 9:05pm off.....so if I go in and feed right now, 9:46am, that'll be the best humidity control I can do.....

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Life is short friend, don't give up time with your family over a plant!
As I was typing this last night I had that thought ā€œ damn dude youre going to go take care of a plant over snuggling your little girl?ā€ Didnā€™t feel very good about that : / ) we do everthing as a family (even ā€œgardenā€ together šŸ˜€) im going to keep doing what Iā€™ve been doing and see how that goes. If i need to switch it up it will absolutely not be in the way of the kids : ) thanks for your insightful words! Appreciate themšŸ™

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
My area is like what it is outside in CNY....I do not like to feed when the lights are going out because that drastically raises the rh.....my light schedule is 9:05am on - 9:05pm off.....so if I go in and feed right now, 9:46am, that'll be the best humidity control I can do.....
I love all the variables that make folks here do what they do! : ) that to me is some of the most informative info one can obtain. Thanks Bilber!

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

As I was typing this last night I had that thought ā€œ damn dude youre going to go take care of a plant over snuggling your little girl?ā€ Didnā€™t feel very good about that : / ) we do everthing as a family (even ā€œgardenā€ together šŸ˜€) im going to keep doing what Iā€™ve been doing and see how that goes. If i need to switch it up it will absolutely not be in the way of the kids : ) thanks for your insightful words! Appreciate themšŸ™
Wow you're fast I deleted that almost immediately LOL I posted it and then I'm like nah it's not my place to make a comment like that, but I'm so glad you came to see it like that! God bless!

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Wow you're fast I deleted that almost immediately LOL I posted it and then I'm like nah it's not my place to make a comment like that
Thats what she said!

You know man, If im putting my life out on front street and I cant handle some views or opinions of others here im in the wrong place! : ) I appreciate your chiming in! I view it as you took the time enough to have a thought about it and share, you care! I like that! ā™„ļøāœŒļø

Z

Zab

Don't have a clue if there is a detriment to doing so, and there have obviously been studies done on this, but for me I try not to water before lights out, but there are times when it's necessary, also there is the added humidity that does not dissipate as readily as when the lights are on.

Top Bottom