water from dehumidefier

• Thread starter mr vuitton
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mr vuitton

does the water collected from a dehumidifier smell of bud?
cheers

P

pilot error

I've never noticed anything. Just curious as to know why you're interested if it smells.
I do use this water to water my plants... saves me a few bucks on the water bill.

O

ookiimata

Supposedly dogs can smell it if your A/C dumps its water outside your house. They'll hit on the area under the A/C. Not sure about a dehumidifier, but I'd guess it's similar.

M

mr vuitton

im just mid contruction and have a very convient pipe inplace to remove water from the dehum but it goes str8 outside and im building a sealed room i could deal with it internaly.... think maybe ill put both options in.:evilgrin0040:

D

doBpop

im just mid contruction and have a very convient pipe inplace to remove water from the dehum but it goes str8 outside and im building a sealed room i could deal with it internaly.... think maybe ill put both options in.:evilgrin0040:
Dig about 2'x2'x2' hole a fill it with gravel and bury your drain pipe coming out to it.
About 6" of dirt back on top with grass or whatever was there before.

M

mr vuitton

like the idea, but pipe is 20ft of ground!
in your opinion i take it that the water has some odour?

the rrock

the rrock

Supposedly dogs can smell it if your A/C dumps its water outside your house. They'll hit on the area under the A/C. Not sure about a dehumidifier, but I'd guess it's similar.

where did you hear this, water from ac is just condensation off the coil

M

mr vuitton

the water im refering to is from the dehumidifier not the ac unit, what does he say in the book?

D

doBpop

the water im refering to is from the dehumidifier not the ac unit, what does he say in the book?
Either way the condensate from either one is coming from the INSIDE of the room which definitely picks up any odor in the room.

I don't have my reference books with me but I remember Jorge mentioning it in several of his book. Matter of fact it's been mentioned in about everything I've ever read I believe LOL!

Why do you have to put it so far from the house?
Can't you put it any closer?

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

Jorge Cervantes mentions this in his book "Marijuana Horticulture: The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible"

Special dogs that are looking for the stuff would smell it. However humans...... NOPE. Take a small note on that one. Personally i just run it back to my res for veg

Top Bottom