water hash with dry or fresh trim?

• Thread starter bicycle racer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bicycle racer

hello i have a question is it best when making water hash to use fresh wet trim or can dried trim be used? normally i make bho but want to make some water extract hash this time and have some dried trim and bud i want to use any tips welcome.

B

bicycle racer

i will probably just use the gumby method as i have no bags if i dont like what i get i will process it into bho. any tips on the gumby method or other simple bucket methods? peace

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

There is a whole thread on this I believe in the hash forum. IMO, I believe that the most important thing when making water hash, especially if looking for pure bubble is the quality of the trim. You probably already know that, well from my experience to get the purest bubble I would use trim that has been dried for only a couple of days. Still super fresh, just not right off the plant. I have tried everything lately, freshly off the plant, super dried, and a couple of days dried. While all of it is capable of making full melt, the biggest amount and the highest quality seems to come from the couple days, I have no scientific reasoning other than my own tests. I do let it all get super cold, the weather around where i live has been below zero lately, so I was able to just make all the bubble outside, that helped too. I also love to get the bubble as dry as possible when making it (squeeze all the water out of the bag, every drip) then I like to cut it up and let it form into a powder. This is like kief times ten. If it is good then it will still form into a ball or whatever at any time, but can also be more convenient and better when I let it dry like this, as opposed to pressing it wet as some do.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Just read that you don't have bags, that leaves a whole lot of other things. I would probably dry my trim, then find a very nice kief screen and gently scrape. If you do it right you will also end up with great bubble, I like the flavor like this more than the bags, but the bags are super easy, hence my laziness wins. Still freeze the trim though, and be real gentle, if you have never done this before as the whole goal is to not let any plant matter through. I am unaware of the gumby method, if by chance it involves a coffee filter I suggest staying away though.

4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

I use fresh buds that I put in freezer...the colder the trichs the easyier they come off..Just my thaughts..take care and be safe

:passingjoint:

friction

friction

i allways use fresh trim that i freeze also, you get more bits in the finished product when its dry i find, hope this helps.

Blaze

Blaze

Using fresh frozen trim will get you a better product. Regardless of what you do, freeze it first it helps dislodge the trichromes when you mix. You will have a more difficult time getting full-melt with the gumby method. Just be sure not to over-process your product.

M

mrdizzle

you should not use fresh trim, the trichomes have not cure which leaves your hash unsafe to smoke, you can not press or ever let it dry enough to get the moisture out of the hash. aqualab will concur, as well as the 100plus grams of moldy hash I have thrown away before.

Blaze

Blaze

There is absolutely nothing unsafe about smoking hash from fresh frozen trim - this is a myth. It is also a myth that freezing it rupture trichromes or that fresh THC is not psychoactive. In fact, it is far more psychoactive at this stage than after it is cured.

I have no idea where people get the idea that it does not dry or that you cannot press it either. I've been doing it this way for years and have never looked back since. The quality increase you get using FF material takes the bubble hash to a whole new level.

If you are getting moldy hash from FF runs you just aren't drying and storing it right plain and simple. I've made pounds this way and never had it mold once.

B

bicycle racer

so dry trim can be used but i will get more plant matter in the end product correct? like i said i always make bho but its cheaper to make water hash so i want to test it out. the gumby method is just a simple way to make basic water hash not as pure as with bags but still good if im unhappy i will further refine it with solvents.

Blaze

Blaze

You won't always get more plant matter in the end product with the dry trim. Just be careful not to over do you mixing. You want to agitate the material not shred it. Just don't use a paint mixer or anything like that.

And I do look at my hash very closely - under a 400x microscope. That is how I know that the whole "it won't dry / it molds / it rupture the trich heads, etc." line of though is pure BS. So long as you do not screw up the drying process it will not mold on you.

B

bicycle racer

oh of course molds need moisture to live as does anything if thats controlled it should not mold. after all bho is melted busted trichs and that does not mold either as long as moisture is under control. im considering using dry ice in conjunction with standard ice as it would get temps real low and would lightly agitate as it evaporates something i plan to try i have not heard of others doing it but i think it would work well.

Blaze

Blaze

There are some people on the forums here that do something very similar. The colder the better is a good rule of thumb. You got the right idea BR - your proposed technique should work quite well I would think.

B

bicycle racer

its worth a shot the dry ice. its something i have planned to try but always end up making bho as thats what i know. sometimes though the bho is simply too strong and im a bit high the next day at work which can suck not the high but the work. i may make jelly hash a mix of the two to make the bho more malleable at room temp and also to moderate the potency.

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

I fell its best to use dry plant matter , then freeze , then i put in small plastic storage container with bottom cut out with screen taped on , then add 1 bottom matching container to catch kif , light shaking will give you very high quality kief with little to no plant matter , if you shake to hard or to long you will get plant matter , , then if you would like to refine even futher , get some ice cold distilled water , and also freeze distilled water for ice use aswell , put the dry sift in the jar with the cold distilled water and cubes and shake like crazy for minute or so then let settle.. remove waste and ice from top of water .....
thenlet dry

if you dont want to make your own sifter ,
ill let the cat out of the Bag!!!
these are what i use basicly dry sift bubble bag process with out the water ruining your stash
throw then in freezer and then shakey shakey

C

CAPO

wow stoners!
In my experience if you use fresh uncured trim the quality is better and with the dry you end up getting more but risk the chance of powderizing plant material.

But riddle me this: if you stick your material in a bucket of ice water it gets real wet whether it's cured or not. the "drying" to prevent mold occurs before you press it. And before someone tries to tell me that trichomes have water in them. To them I say, "Bullshit" just like Penn and Teller.

B

bicycle racer

so went ahead and made a run of water hash with ice and dry ice quite the pain in the ass compared to bho or iso extracts looks like i got a decent amount though it is not dried or weighed yet if my yield is not great i will only make bho in the future. its just so much easier period. i rinsed the trim i used with isopropyl to make sure nothing was wasted.

B

bicycle racer

so yield looks decent at least an ounce but i think maybe much more than that its drying now. i used the gumby method so wont be full melt but looks good just another method to use when i have a lot of trim. but for pure head stash quality bho is my favorite.

Top Bottom