Water issues what to do

• Thread starter mastiff
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mastiff

mastiff

I do not know what to do . Received a letter saying that there is dioxane in our drinking and some other crap. They said they are setting up a filtration system to take out contamination, they also said not to drink water from sink until sept next year. Needless to say we drink bottled water and rinse our fruit with iI also. UNBELIEVABLE. My outside garden was all but rain water and suffered . NOW I have a rdwc hydra farm (2) both small I believe 3 gallons . I will show pics when everything is gotten to get everyone's input. i do not have a reverse osmosis system other than buying water unfortunately at this time . The big pondering question driving me crazy is do I use reg bottled , or distilled , purified water . What should I do I have everything just about set up and now this . This is the shit they found in flint Michigan I believe and over here it's a letter in mail like everything ok and people are like robots to , no one protests nothing other than he's white he's black he picking his ass makes the headlines . So what should I do . Thank you all for info

AKgrow

AKgrow

I read that the levels of dioxane in drinking water are acceptable in a huge range. Also not regulated by some agencies. It can be reduced by 50% with just activated carbon. I would install an under sink filter and get a carbon hose filter for your garden and call it good. The stuff is in shampoo too, it's toxic in concentration, but there are other worse chemicals in some drinking water. Did the letter mention concentration levels?

mastiff

mastiff

Thank you much . They are doing a lot of work on pump stations and putting some huge filters in . I might just let it sit out a few days then use . I am going to call town and see what they say

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
If you go on your cities website and go to the water district they should have a pdf of what’s in the city water and how much of each in ppm is in your water etc. but like other farmers said, RO is the way.

Ponky

Ponky

You can get a water carrier for your truck and go to the nearest safe supply of water at like a sports field and fill up. Or just buy some water cooler jugs to get by.

Top Bottom