Water level for flower??

• Thread starter GeneticFreak
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GeneticFreak

Im in flower and I'm having to trouble shoot the fact my buds seem to have stopped growing. They're took two weeks to show and bloomed to the size of dimes and haven't really changed in the passed week or so. Plants look very healthy and are drinking plenty of water. I'm running CS nutes at about 750 ppm with caps and im in week 4 o bloom. Like the tittle says I'm thinking it may be my water level. I'm using the net pots from cch20 that are recessed. So my water is set right at the bottom of the netpots. Maybe 1/8 to 1/4 inch touching. Should I set it lower? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

Im in flower and I'm having to trouble shoot the fact my buds seem to have stopped growing. They're took two weeks to show and bloomed to the size of dimes and haven't really changed in the passed week or so. Plants look very healthy and are drinking plenty of water. I'm running CS nutes at about 750 ppm with caps and im in week 4 o bloom. Like the tittle says I'm thinking it may be my water level. I'm using the net pots from cch20 that are recessed. So my water is set right at the bottom of the netpots. Maybe 1/8 to 1/4 inch touching. Should I set it lower? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
what are you running for air stones and air pump?

G

GeneticFreak

The big rounds with cch20 air pumps. I chuck the blue triangle ones.

G

GeneticFreak

The roots fill the buckets. Roots are massive and I have lots of foliage growth. But small buds. I've read about stalling going into flower. Anyone experience this before? If so why does it happen and does this effectively mean I'm two weeks behind in flower because that's how long it took for preflowers to show?

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

I lower my water level away from the net pot in veg and again lower in flower. I end my run with my water level an inch or two , depending on strain, below the bucket crease. I am two weeks into veg and I am at the crease now... I find lowering your water levels in flower does benefit the girls and the girls respond well. I have extended my float to drop the water level to where I like...

G

GeneticFreak

I think it's mosaic virus. Anyone have experience with this?

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

If you have roots in the water drop level to 1 inch below the net pots.

Capfan

Capfan

I was going to post a thread about this, why is it recommended to have a high water level, then lower it throughout the flower phase?

If water level is high, and not saturating the stalk ( Stem rot ), or showing signs of over-watering, what does it accomplish ?

I just transfered girls into UC, i change res every 2 weeks, so the first 2 weeks i just want a good root mass developed to flip, i have the water about a 1/4" into the netpot, everything looks great, my next res change ill lower the water 1/4" below net pot, why is it recommended to do this ?

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

I was going to post a thread about this, why is it recommended to have a high water level, then lower it throughout the flower phase?

If water level is high, and not saturating the stalk ( Stem rot ), or showing signs of over-watering, what does it accomplish ?

I just transfered girls into UC, i change res every 2 weeks, so the first 2 weeks i just want a good root mass developed to flip, i have the water about a 1/4" into the netpot, everything looks great, my next res change ill lower the water 1/4" below net pot, why is it recommended to do this ?

check it out...

Top Bottom