Water Softener and Hydro

• Thread starter TheFlorist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TheFlorist

I live in the country so i have well water. Hydro setup up and running. You can check the grow diaries under G.F. Greens to see the kids.

On to my questions. I have a water softener unit. It has always been filled with salt. Now ive read all over that is bad but my babies are doing great. Very thankfull for that.

So would it be beneficial to switch to potassium chloride? I was told this would be better for soil grows but as stated before, im running all hydro (flood and drain).

Also, if i do make the switch, should i wait till this cycle is over since they seem to be doing so well? I didnt want to change to potassium chloride then have problems with water since I dont know how dramatically it will change.

I search around for the topic but couldnt find it, so I'm sorry if this has been explained somewhere already.

B

bluejay

I have been growing with water softener water for years and havent had any problems...From San pedro to peyote to pot to P Virdis to Salvia .etc......

T

TheFlorist

Like i said, everything looks great. You can check the pics in the diary section yourself. I just didnt want to change in the middle but i didnt want to cause more harm if it is acutally causing more harm.

Which is why i posted here, just to get a little bit more info to help decide wtf to do.

Top Bottom