water softeners ?

• Thread starter woody420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

woody420

What up need a hand again. ok i have a water softener that is all fucked up plus its taking up room in my new grow room haha. i was thinking about bypassing the water softener and hooking up the water back into the main pipe. now is this going to fuck up my water pipes and water heater if i don't use the water softener ? I have no idea on this water softener shit be help? i just want to make should i don't hurt my house or pipes by not using the water softener. thanks again folks for all ur help have a good one peace

deacon1503

deacon1503

Water softeners remove calcium and magnesium and replace those with sodium and potassium. they were originally developed to prevent scale buildup within cast iron pipes. they really dont do anything useful anymore. r/o systems however do work better when soft water is used for the feed, the membranes can remove salts better than anything.

ur house, water heater will be fine if u bypass the softerner, be sure to check if there isnt one built into the unit already, intended to be used for maintainence purposes.

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

yeh check for a bypass valve in the back. It might already be pushed in. more than likely if you never filled it with salt its empty and not working anyways.

Peace!
-CW

S

SSHZ

It's important if you have well water...... I live on what was once a peach tree farm and the ferts they used (cheap) typically have loads of metals in it. If not, bypass it cause water softener water is just about the worse thing for your plants!

Top Bottom