Water Storage.

• Thread starter OrganicLit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OrganicLit

OrganicLit

I'm almost done building my new indoor room. I'm currently on the hunt for a 55gal drum to use as water storage. I have found a few local used but they have stored things like soap for car wash and antifreeze. I'm wondering if these drums can be cleaned to the point where they are safe to store water and wont leach chemicals.

Dan789

Dan789

I'm almost done building my new indoor room. I'm currently on the hunt for a 55gal drum to use as water storage. I have found a few local used but they have stored things like soap for car wash and antifreeze. I'm wondering if these drums can be cleaned to the point where they are safe to store water and wont leach chemicals.
There’s got to be drums used for foods stuffs that are available, that would be my go to...

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
You can get a food grade barrel for not much money. It would be worth it as chemicals from the contents overtime probably leached into the plastic and could leach back into your water. So for safety reasons and peace of mind I’d follow the advice above and use food grade only that is then well cleaned. Many use them to collect rain water.

B

Burned Haze

Food grade plastic or get a Collapsible Water Storage Barrel. That would solve the issue of weight and storage issues , but they can rip since it’s fabric .but I’ve never seen any bad reviews or anything

OrganicLit

OrganicLit

Food grade plastic or get a Collapsible Water Storage Barrel. That would solve the issue of weight and storage issues , but they can rip since it’s fabric .but I’ve never seen any bad reviews or anything

Screenshot 2019 02 27 16 37 00
B

Burned Haze

Yup, if it was me I would look for the most suggested/most reviewed brand of those rez’s and make sure they are creditable.

If I used those rez’s previously or had buds that did I would did give you some a dvice I just thought of a good suggestion for ya none the less.

Last edited by a moderator:
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I prefer PE (polyethylene) or PP (polypropylene) containers for all my plastic needs, both in grow room and in my home. I would stay away from any other plastics like PVC (polyvinyl chloride), PS (polystrene) or PC (polycarbonate).

Hope that helps when making you decision. I especially come across PS in gardening stuff and i hate it.

Freshone

Freshone

I used the 110 gal cone bottom chemtainers when i had a bigger grow,still have a couple,but its hard to beat a rubbermaid brute with the dolly for the money in most small grows.

Latest posts

Top Bottom