Water supply!

• Thread starter below frigid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
below frigid

below frigid

Just looking for some feed back. I have been researching teas looking for a simple recipe and was watching this guy Duely's video. I think that was his name. One thing he said that caught my ear which sort of made since to me was that he uses water from his pond to make his teas I have my own well and of course the water is a little hard but the ph is 6.5 which is good because my soil is about 7.5. Working on getting the soil ph down some as well. I think the chicken poop I used in it last couple of seasons caused it to climb a little. I am new to ACT. Just wondering if you think it would be worth the extra effort to make teas with our pond water and even supplement their well water with pond water. Never researched hard water and cannabis any thoughts. Pond has lots of bass so it must be healthy. The algie does grow in the shallows later in the summer. Not sure if this is good or bad. Any feedback would be appreciated. Pic is our pond.
Old computer photos 437

jansjukebox

jansjukebox

Good luck to you. I'd stay away from the algie blooms, but pond water sounds good to me. Their is potentially bacteria and other organisms in it, but I believe my city water is worse...lol

below frigid

below frigid

I thought that we wanted to have bacteria and other organisms in our soil???

Mogrow

Mogrow

take your pick man. your first 2 choices are better than what most of us have, damn treated city water. better water,, better teas.

P

paulycali

There's good and bad bacteria. Bring in the good and filter out the bad. Wish it was that easy though lol!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I thought that we wanted to have bacteria and other organisms in our soil???
You do. I have found that my rain barrels are the most alive water I have. We're on a very deep well and while the water's hard, nothing is living in it. Neither is it treated. In any event, personally, I would try a side-by-side, but I'm leaning towards the pond water as being the better option for diversity of living things.

Blaze

Blaze

It could work I think but you would want to do a side by side test like Sea suggested, and/or check out the results under a microscope. Pond water can definitely be beneficial and can have lots of good organisms and nutrients in it. I use pond water to grow most of my plants, just FYI....

jaredman

jaredman

i would use the water that has the least bacteria in it available. The point of teas is to populate the water with the bacteria you want, using water already populated with bacteria will make it so the bacteria are fighting for supremacy. you don't want bad bacteria multiplying if they are present so my advice is go with the water that has less bacteria to start because you don't know if the water contains good or bad bacteria

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Sure he does, he can look at the life in and around that pond. It's all a balance, and if the pond itself is well balanced, no huge algal blooms (though, that can end up serving very well as plant food), no stink, no dead fish, not all full of mosquitoes and little else, then the water should be just fine.

Also, while there certainly are plenty of free-floating 'critters' in the pond-water, there are also bacteria on the pond bottom that some growers utilize by putting a filter in their reservoir. This is, of course, almost an entirely different subject but the point here is that two major genera of nitrifying bacteria are at work in the water, and are the very same genera at work in the soil (Nitrobacter and Nitrosomonas, which are the bugs that do this: NH4 --> NO2 --> NO3 (oxidize ammonia).

Top Bottom