Water Tank Advise Needed

• Thread starter Chalwa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Chalwa

I am looking at a couple water tanks for my outdoor grow. I am going to get two of these 275 gallon tank for $100 each. They used to have cola syrup in them and have been pressure washed. Questions I have are:
Am I going to have problems with this growing algae or mold since it is clear?
Should I paint the tanks?
Are these style tanks prone to heat issues?
Has anyone used a tank similar these before with problems or success?

watertank.jpg

T

TwoCreeks

I have been using those IBC Tote tanks and they work great, although it is a little tricky finding the right timer for a drip system unless the plants are downhill from the tank. They come in both 275 and 325 gallon sizes. I get them used on Craigslist. Recyclers usually sell them for $50.00. Make sure you know what was shipped in them and avoid ones that contained anything toxic or caustic, and wash them out well before use. I have had no problems with any algae to speak of developing in the tanks.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Them water storage tanks work good>>>>>I have one myself that I keep filled with RO>>>>>Make sure its really clean in there.
If there sitting out basking in the sun>>>>It will be an issue>>>>park that shit in the shade brah you should be golden..Mine is drained and filled a couple times a week>>>>I haven't had any issues

:passingjoint:

gtd

T

TwoCreeks

Chalwa,
Mine are on level ground and I need to have timers that will operate at 0 psi. Most timers need more pressure to activate the valve. I use the Netafim AquaPro or the Rainmatic 3000 from Dripworks.com.

S

sirsmokealot

i found a couple of these tanks for sale that had glycerin stored in them, will they be okay to use after a good cleaning?

Latest posts

Top Bottom