Water Temp

• Thread starter naturalmedicine
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

naturalmedicine

Hello everyone,

I am moving into a new place and it does not have warm water. Is there a specific temp I need to keep my water at before I feed? It is a warehouse and it stays pretty cool in there, at least during winter. I am going to be filtering the water from a sink and then adding nutrients. I used to use R.O. water from a water store at room temp when I rented a house, but that is no longer an option since bringing water in may look suspicious. Any thoughts are welcome.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
usually fill your water and let it get to room temp - if that is less then 65 degrees you can buy a water heater that you can drop in your res - like a big ass fish tank heater

htg supply has em for like 30 bucks - set it to 68 and done

N

naturalmedicine

Ok. Thanks for the quick response. It's much appreciated.

N

naturalmedicine

One more question. All I need is a chlorine filter, correct?

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

If you place some airstones (hooked to an air pump) in your bucket, they will help remove chlorine in less than 1 hour.

Chloramine on the other hand is harder to get rid of. Many water companies add this to the water, but not all. You can call and find out. Chloramine will upset your microbial herd.

Dan Knuggs

Dan Knuggs

Why dont you buy an R.O. filter for the sink and use that to fill yer res?

N

naturalmedicine

An RO filter is what I was going to use initially, but I've read that it actually takes too much out of the water (for soil, not hydro). I've used RO water for six years and I've always had good results, but my yields have not been outstanding and sometimes the plants did look a little too deficeint towards the end and I'm wondering if that is why.

N

naturalmedicine

If you place some airstones (hooked to an air pump) in your bucket, they will help remove chlorine in less than 1 hour.

Chloramine on the other hand is harder to get rid of. Many water companies add this to the water, but not all. You can call and find out. Chloramine will upset your microbial herd.

I'll definitely look into that. Thanks.

homebrew420

homebrew420

carbon filter will get out most if not all the chloramine. if you don't fully trust that to work you can use aquarium drop/tablets to neutralize the chloramine in the water. Make sure they are not fixing the Ammonia too. May lead to minor def in N.

Peace

MountainWalker

MountainWalker

If you don't mind me asking, for those six years that you used RO water did you use calcium/magesium/iron supplements? From what I have understood as long as you supplement those you should be good. Thanks. Also I've always learned to water with 'tepid' water not quite warm but not quite cool.

N

naturalmedicine

If you don't mind me asking, for those six years that you used RO water did you use calcium/magesium/iron supplements? From what I have understood as long as you supplement those you should be good. Thanks. Also I've always learned to water with 'tepid' water not quite warm but not quite cool.

I never used any cal/mag. I used pure blend pro soil formula, floralicious, and sweet for the first half of flowering and earth juice bloom, floralicious and sweet for the second half. I would feed one week, then water with Sucanat the next, then feed the next and so on. I never fed in veg, and used Fox Farm Ocean Forest.

S

StrongPimpin

I dunno if this will help but farmers around here havr these large heaters that they put in the bottem of the animal feeding water. I havent seen it outside of the water but kinda looks like it would be an epic aquarium heater

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Your good to about 68 for the water and the air stones are a good idea, if your water is in a large bottle make sure they use chlorine, one smell and you can tell than drain some water till you are below the neck, you want the largest surface for the chlorine to off gas. Takes 2 days than it's ready for use.

Chloramine is another story, it will kill your microbes or you need to filter it with charcoal. Not every one uses this.

N

naturalmedicine

Your good to about 68 for the water and the air stones are a good idea, if your water is in a large bottle make sure they use chlorine, one smell and you can tell than drain some water till you are below the neck, you want the largest surface for the chlorine to off gas. Takes 2 days than it's ready for use.

Chloramine is another story, it will kill your microbes or you need to filter it with charcoal. Not every one uses this.

Does an RO machine have a charcoal or carbon filter in it?

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

the ro will do the trick, just make sure you use something like Cal-Mag at 1/2 recommended every other water.

Charcoal and carbon are the same, old school vs new school.

Peace

If your diehard organic than get some rock dust or Green sand, it's the dope!!
Don't forget the Worm Castings, you can use up to 20% by volume.

N

naturalmedicine

the ro will do the trick, just make sure you use something like Cal-Mag at 1/2 recommended every other water.

Charcoal and carbon are the same, old school vs new school.

Peace

If your diehard organic than get some rock dust or Green sand, it's the dope!!
Don't forget the Worm Castings, you can use up to 20% by volume.

I used cal-mag before at close to 1/2 the recommended dose and the leaves started to have spots on them. Was that from overdosing or perhaps something else? I've read that cal-mag is necessary but I've been afraid to use it since then.

Also, I'm in Ocean Forest right now. What ratios would I add rock dust or green sand at? Would I do that in place of cal-mag?

420Gator

420Gator

i ran ocean forest on my second grow with ro water, i used 200ppm calmag+ every other water and had great results

Top Bottom