Water wisdom needed

• Thread starter Gray Beard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gray Beard

Gray Beard

I saw a TV ad the other night for EasyWater. My curiosity was piqued so I went to their website to ck it out. This system was designed to replace or compete with R.O. and water softners. On one of the pages at the very bottom it mentioned improved plant growth. So I called and spoke with the mgr who told me that thru their electronic process they can physically change the structure of the solids dissolved in water so that they no longer cause the problems associated with "hard water". The process was developed to help deposits on pipes, hot water heaters etc. He also said that the system had been installed in a number of corn fields for pipes and pumps and more than one farmer had mentioned a significant improvement in the crop but no one was sure why? Anybody here have any knowledge of this technology?
http://www.easywater.com

N

Neville H.

Saw the same ad... But, I think an RO system is much cheaper.

Dr.stickerdick

Dr.stickerdick

See if you can find a third party asessment . They don't have any available in link. These are just modern-day swamp oil salesmen. You are not changing the make-up of the water. They won't do what R/O does.

Gray Beard

Gray Beard

I got that feeling from the guy when I was talking to him. Especially when I asked if there was a way to measure the success of the unit. He responded that the solids will all still be there they have just changed shape??? If it sounds to good to be true.......
Anybody else?

R

Rysam

A pound of shit is still a pound of shit no matter what shape its in. It cant compete with R/O, except to make your wallet lighter. You can get a good RO unit on Ebay for a 100$ and it is guaranteed to work good enough for our needs.

S

Sin

yeah theres good cheap RO's all over the place, id go with that. peace

Gray Beard

Gray Beard

Thanks for the input guys. That was my impression also.

O

Oregonic

Does anyone know of a test that could be done to SEE the solids in before and after? Any chemists in the farm?

Nothing better then watching bullshit slingers get called out :punch:anim_19:

Gray Beard

Gray Beard

Do you want to "see" them of just know what's there? If you just want to know what is there, I currently have two samples of my water ( one b4 RO and the other after RO) being tested by a lab, you should be able to find a lab in your area.

CannaCrone

CannaCrone

We have one of these on our well. It DOES work the way they say. It has improved our water A LOT. As other posters have said here however, it is no substitute for RO. If you have specific questions, I can answer them as far as they pertain to our experience with our extremely hard, high ph water.

O

Oregonic

I was shooting for more along the lines of a test that could not only show solids are there but in what form are they solid or broken up?

I am one of those people that will not be sold unless proof can be provided to back up this person claim, so I was just wonder if there is a test that could prove/disprove his claims.

:D

CannaCrone

CannaCrone

Yeah. I understand. We wrestled with the same thing. We wanted proof but there is no test. You have to look at water under a powerful microscope to see the difference is my understanding. The particles are changed from being jagged where they can adhere to smoothed where they cannot.

We went ahead with it because we figured we would know right away whether it was working or not and if not, we could get our money back through their guarantee.

I can tell you that when we got ours, my tomato plants no longer stunted and turned purple. When we wash our cars we no longer have the hard water spots on them. We could see improvement in our plumbing fixtures. The deposits were not totally gone but they changed. Instead of having to soak around the faucets with de-lime solution and scrape with a razor, I now just wipe them away. The deposits are softer and powdery rather than solid flakes and chunks that are hell to get off.

My neighbor bought one after seeing the improvement in our garden BUT, she found one used for about 600 bucks.

Personally, I think they're way over priced. But they do work - to a degree. It helped our situation a lot.

Gray Beard

Gray Beard

But the real question is did your "other" plants respond positively or is that what you meant by 'tomato plants "? Did you test your water?

CannaCrone

CannaCrone

Sorry. I was giving the abbreviated version. :-)

Prior to discovering our water issues, we had one problem after another with our mj plants as well as our substantial organic vegetable garden. We did NOT want to use a water softener. The easywater system works okay. Our water is very hard. It's also high pH. But prior to the system, I had trouble getting tomatoes, broccoli, and mj past the seedling stage. They'd sprout, grow a little, then they just stopped and turned purple. The mj plants that I could get going never thrived and produced spindly, pitiful little buds. We never had a problem prior to digging a new well, but I was quickly losing confidence in my green thumb. :D

So many people told us it was our soil deficient in this or that but we knew it wasn't because we tested it - we've also worked it for almost 20 years. We tested the water and knew it was very hard. Didn't know about the pH at that time.

It wasn't until I came on various mj forums and started asking questions that we got a handle on both the problems. :anim_19:

Let me reiterate that this system works OKAY. It isn't perfect. It just helps. It's fine for the plants but not quite good enough to completely protect the plumbing. The system we really need is called a Dime Water System Maxicure. It's pricey though. We're saving for one. Other people in our area have them and swear by them.

But with the easywater unit I can use the well water and only treat for pH and my mj (and garden) plants now thrive.

Hope this helps.

justiceman

justiceman

I think one of the differences between this and the r/o is there is probably no rejection rate like r/o so therefore each gallon of water costs a bit less? Sounds interesting, but for me I'd rather just stick to a cheap R/O that is guaranteed. Now this machine has some type of electrical process that somehow changes the surface area of the dissolved solids? So would it be safe to assume that the dissolved solids take on a different electrical charge after the process? Would this in turn affect microbial life as they carry electrical charges? Not to mention the relationship between the plant and the soil biology. Plants trade exudates in the form of positive Hydrogen atoms in return for NPK ca, mg, zinc, boron, ect. They trade it to the microbes. I am still in the midst of researching soil life, so I don't really know weather electrically changing the water solids would have a positive or negative feedback on soil life, and in turn the plant. It must be a decent system though since it does all witch you claim CannaCrome. Interesting how the solids are powdery instead of hard to scrubb off. On a side thought what if changing the shape of solids made it easier to flush out excess fertilizer in hydro or soilless the last couple weeks? That would be pretty useful and if it made it easier to flush then technically you could flush later and not starve the plants as much. Lots of things to consider.

A pound of shit is still a pound of shit no matter what shape its in.

Oh man when I saw this I just started laughing uncontrollably. Good stuff.:rofl

CannaCrone

CannaCrone

justiceman,

I'm an organic farmer. We live off our land, growing much of our food - and of course, our own ganja. All of our plants improved substantially after we put this unit in so I have to assume it had nothing but beneficial effects to the microbes.

All this unit is, is a small box that you mount on the wall next to your water supply. It has a long wire that you wrap around the pipe that sends an electrical discharge through the pipe to the water.

If you picture a plant burr that sticks to your socks, the mineral deposits are like that burr before they receive the electrical charge. They adhere to other minerals and prevent the soil and plants from utilizing them. In our garden soil and passive hydro system it caused nutrient lockout that I was having no luck in getting corrected.

After the water receives this electrical charge, these same minerals are no longer burr like but have smooth edges so that they no longer adhere and bind up other minerals. The plants now have all the minerals available to use.

I'm not sure about its usefulness in flushing out hydro. I THINK it would not affect it because its only treating the water that comes into the system. You're adding nutes to the hydro that would not be treated by the unit. I'm not sure.

I want to add here that I don't have a lot of technical knowledge about this kind of thing. I don't know if this unit works the same for everyone or if there are variances in its effectiveness in different water types. I just know it helps our plants - a lot.

D

dakin3d

I don't really see why a Mass Spec or GC (Gas Chromatography) wouldn't work to help analyze the samples in comparison. It sounds like they're adding something to react w/ the free floating minerals, salts, etc. found in tap water. Like everyone has stated, RO: http://www.purewaterclub.com/. This is one of the less costly sites I've been able to find. Haven't ordered yet, but it is where I intend to... Others have and say they work great. I can't find the link for the testimonials... Good luck, dak

Gray Beard

Gray Beard

Good input from everyone, thanks! I have to admit this thing reminded me of a couple salt water desalinezation(sp?) scams I ran into a number of years back. Great in theory but a little short on results. I am going to call this guy back and press a little harder to get him to send me a unit to test. I know there is a guarantee but they may not be around in 6 mos. I think justiceman is right if it works as claimed it would help w/flushing the girls not just at the end of the run but all the way through.

Top Bottom