Water

• Thread starter Bugs1503
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bugs1503

I’m a first time grower.... From all I’ve read, I’ve came across people saying to water your plants when you feel your pot light. I’ve also read to dig in about an inch or so into the dirt to see if soil is moist or not. I’ve ALSO read that it’s good to water at least every other day no matter what.... My plants are into flowering (I have them outside in my backyard) and I don’t want to mess up what I already have going. Can a experienced grower give me some feedback please? Thanks. Will post pictures soon.

B

Bugs1503

Thanks for the feedback. I will post pictures later on if you want to check them out. Happy growing BUD

the rrock

the rrock

I’m a first time grower.... From all I’ve read, I’ve came across people saying to water your plants when you feel your pot light. I’ve also read to dig in about an inch or so into the dirt to see if soil is moist or not. I’ve ALSO read that it’s good to water at least every other day no matter what.... My plants are into flowering (I have them outside in my backyard) and I don’t want to mess up what I already have going. Can a experienced grower give me some feedback please? Thanks. Will post pictures soon.
youve been reading the wrong books

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Water when they are light weight. Definitely dont water every 2 days if they dont need it, especially if you're giving nutes. If you feed it nutrients every 2 days and it's still got nutes in there, its gonna build up salts real fast without tons of runoff, and you dont want tons of runoff, just enough to check ppm and flush some of the excess nutrient solution out that was left in there.

Even just watering with no nutes, only water when the pot is light weight. The reason is because as the plant sucks up water it pulls air into the rootzone, and roots need fresh air. Some systems can get around it like hydro or coco which hold just enough water but also tons of air. Soil can be a bit different and needs the dry out period more.

What I recommend is next time you fill an empty pot with dry soil, pick it up and feel how light it is. You want it to be close to that, but not so close that the plant wilts or you can damage the roots.

Last edited:
royfree2grow

royfree2grow

If you got to flowering without any issues you probably know when to water.
Goodluck

Top Bottom