Waterfarms? are they worth getting and modding?

• Thread starter Foxfarmfreak
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Foxfarmfreak

I can get a brand new (in the box) 8 pack waterfarm complete kit for $200, with 3 - (1) gallon bottles of GH nutes (thats $100 right there) and 50lbs of Hydroton comes with it.

Thinking of throwing this system up on the roof for low maintenance, please let me know what you guys think, or at least who I should ask about this. Looking at picking this up tomorrow afternoon.....
Thanks and Peace
FFF:harvest:

X

Xceptional

for that price I'd buy it. many successful grows in them just do a search.

M

Malachi

if you plan on putting it on the roof make sure you mod it to be recirculating and have a chiller on hand

The Joker

The Joker

He's right, once the nutes get above 70-75, you need some kind of hydro fungicide to keep the nasties at bay. If you are going to use a heavy feeding schedule, I would also suggest that you flush at the end of a long veg, after the heavy feeding of week 5 in flower and if you are using a bloom booster in week 7 or 8, flush again with clearex. Hydroton does absorb salts and a heavy dose will mess up your nutes.

Plain water for 10-14 days at the end really worked well. The plants will keep growing.

Been using the farms for the last 5 years with modifications.

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Ive rocked many waterfarms outdoors. Dont run it as a full system, run them individually. The full system with control buckets and tubing is real close to impossible to run successfully outdoors in any kinda heat. The tubing will be gunked up first day it sits in the sun, and youd be draining and cleaning crud out of everything couple times a week. I Wrap the bottom with something lightproof first, seems simple but thats about all you need. Not sure where you live, but when its starts hitting 100+ where i am ill start putting plants around my waterfarm bucket to just block the direct sun from hitting it, give a little air gap between the direct sunlight and my insulated bucket, really seems to help from getting the bucket hot to the touch. I have tried a few types of media with em outdoors, fine coco is at the top. You will be surprised how often youll have to be filling the bottom, so having a substrate that will hold some moisture if you miss a day is the only thing thatll keep er going. Thats really it, no other mods or upgrades. You might want to add another bucket as a control bucket so you dont have to lift your plant out of its bucket to fill er up. But i dont even do that anymore, i just water right through the top of the plant, till it comes out the top of the drain tube. Here where i live ive gotta fill it up once a day every morning. DONT feed heavy, DONT, your plants will use up way more water then they do food, so keep your nutrients light and steady. Meaning pick a complete base nute (flora series is perfect), add cal/mag if ya need it and keep your ppms the same throughout flower. Dont raise your ppms or add bloomboosters, forgo that shit. Keep the same 600-800ppm range all the way through, and your golden. You start adding in extra goodies to help em out your gunna run into all kinds of problems. You can foliar feed them if need be, but even at 600ppm i never had a plant underfed. Waterfarms and sunlight=very feverish growth. Overall though its super easy and will blow your fucking mind with how fast and how large your plants will get. And keep in mind these are just the guidelines that i use, i hope that gives you somewhat of an idea of how someone who uses them outdoors uses them. Good luck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom