Watering clones daily and having issues

• Thread starter Aperkins1972
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aperkins1972

Aperkins1972

I transplanted my clones from the cloning machine on 9/3 into red cups and 1 gallon pots. 80% coco and 20% perlite. All my plants are watered from the same Rez. Ph: 5.6 - 5.9, ppm 2.5, temp 81 degrees and 60% humidity. The girls are under Growers Choice 200 at 50% Par around 350. There at the exact distance they should be under the light. I did my first watering, then let the girls do a dry back to the coco started looking light. After the first watering, I started watering everyday with runoff. The girls in the cups are happy, but the girls in the one gallons are showing a deficiency. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance! @Aqua Man I need your help!

Watering clones daily and having issues
Watering clones daily and having issues 2
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I transplanted my clones from the cloning machine on 9/3 into red cups and 1 gallon pots. 80% coco and 20% perlite. All my plants are watered from the same Rez. Ph: 5.6 - 5.9, ppm 2.5, temp 81 degrees and 60% humidity. The girls are under Growers Choice 200 at 50% Par around 350. There at the exact distance they should be under the light. I did my first watering, then let the girls do a dry back to the coco started looking light. After the first watering, I started watering everyday with runoff. The girls in the cups are happy, but the girls in the one gallons are showing a deficiency. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance! @Aqua Man I need your help!
Looks to me like they need a bump in magnesium sulphate.

have you measured the runoff? Im thinking they need fed more often and likely 2+ times a day now. It could be they are eating up the majority of nutrients before their next feeding. In my 1 gal i ended up feeding 250ml per plant 14x a day to meet their needs. Have you seen the coco thread i have done?

Aperkins1972

Aperkins1972

Yes, I’ve seen them, but I was trying to find the part about clones, but of course I couldn’t find it again.
I’ve been adding 1/2 gram of Epsom per gallon of Rez. I’ll test my runoff tomorrow when I water again. To see the output of ppm’s. Should I test 1 plants runoff or all the runoff together?
When should I start watering daily? As soon as I transplant or wait? Thanks for all your help.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yes, I’ve seen them, but I was trying to find the part about clones, but of course I couldn’t find it again.
I’ve been adding 1/2 gram of Epsom per gallon of Rez. I’ll test my runoff tomorrow when I water again. To see the output of ppm’s. Should I test 1 plants runoff or all the runoff together?
When should I start watering daily? As soon as I transplant or wait? Thanks for all your help.
Well imo coco should stay saturated… it has a great air holding capacity and low water table… so really if you 20% perlite i dont think you can over water it once you have some roots.

basically in 1 gal you want to water them as often as needed so that you give them 250ml of nutrient solution and should get roughly 25-50ml of runoff from that. If you get less then you need to water more often

Aperkins1972

Aperkins1972

Well imo coco should stay saturated… it has a great air holding capacity and low water table… so really if you 20% perlite i dont think you can over water it once you have some roots.

basically in 1 gal you want to water them as often as needed so that you give them 250ml of nutrient solution and should get roughly 25-50ml of runoff from that. If you get less then you need to water more often
Thank you!

Aperkins1972

Aperkins1972

I just watered some of the girls. To get runoff it took 750ml to get the runoff I needed. Also, the ppm going is 2.5, but is coming out any where from 2.2. - 2.5 EC.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I just watered some of the girls. To get runoff it took 750ml to get the runoff I needed. Also, the ppm going is 2.5, but is coming out any where from 2.2. - 2.5 EC.
Yeah you probably need to feed 2-3x a day during lights on now… likely 2 but possibly even 3

Latest posts

Top Bottom