watering during flowering... do i in the dark?

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeb437

mikeb437

should i try to water my plants while its in the dark period of budding? using rockwool and was told to water a few times a day. im hand watering and wondering if it will hurt the budding process if i try to water them while the lights are off and some light gets to the plants.. or should i just water them really good before the lights turn off?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
well you dont want light getting on the plants in night - there is nothing wrong with watering just as the lights come on - takes a few minutes for them to wake up and put it in gear anyhow

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

well you dont want light getting on the plants in night - there is nothing wrong with watering just as the lights come on - takes a few minutes for them to wake up and put it in gear anyhow

good point you always want to give them there coffee for the day lol
But mainly to have energy to grow for the day

P

potgutz

No watering when the lights go out as to how much watering it depends on the size of your pots say for 30 litres I would give each pot a good 7-10 litre drench bout 15 min after lights come on then say bout 3 litres each pot at 3 hour intervals then the last drink make a good one say 7-10 litres again bout an hour b4 lights out it I were u id set up a reservoir and pump and timer and automate it much less work and don't forget to flush at the end of every week. GL with it Sorry i forgot to mention those directions are for coco and id say it be bout the same for rockwool too and if its soil its just one good drink a day. Expanded clay needs a lot more watering say a few min every 15 min and im not sure how much during lights out but u would have to with the clay.

I

ibTheMan

You really want to water ah little after the light come On, you should try Not to water when the lights are going Off.

hiboy

hiboy

Like ib said, water when lights come on, when the girls wake up and are thirsty.
Water at night 1 time at least, you dont want your roots drying out inyour rw
h

M

merlin-bless

so what your saying is flush them every week no matter what? ive jus bin giving it nutes from day dot.

hiboy

hiboy

so what your saying is flush them every week no matter what? ive jus bin giving it nutes from day dot.

In this thread the plants are in rw which makes me think that they are in trays with rezzies. Yes change your water every 7 days, flushing the cubes is not necessary every time, every other will do. or 3 weeks due to my lazy buddy at his pad,
always flush with correct ph 5.8 to start and it will rise as you proceed.
h

P

paulycali

2 hours before lights come on or 2 hours after. Thats what i was told but who knows if it works any different. I would just water when its the most convenient

P

potgutz

if u dont flush weekly u should at least do it fortnigntly u see nutrients are salts and they build up round the root system which makes it harder for roots to be fed by flushing u flush away the salt build up and the last week should only be water this will help with the taste and the smoke wont be as harsh

jyip

jyip

i have an ebb n flo tray , automated on timer , it floods 5 x's aday, during lites off, and during lites on,,, never a problem,,,, i never heard of a problem , unless i r just not thinkig and turn ur lites on whenver u want n that could mess them up, but not watering @ nite, not a problemo

hth

mikeb437

mikeb437

i havent been flushing so ill do that tonight,and i water them twice a day, usually right after the lights come on and just before they go out ( but not as much ). the rw is in trays but i have them tilted so the rockwool isnt submerged in water after i water them. but i have noticed white crystals in the trays where the water has evaporated so i see the salt buildup potgutz was talking about. im learning as i go so this was very helpful info! ty guys!

MrSmilehappy

MrSmilehappy

No when you water at night you jeopardize the effectiveness of your yield. Think in terms of a person. Its not good to drink a whole bunch of water before you go to sleep. Its the same concept for plants and humans. Don't do it, because you want to give yourself the chance to be in optimal conditions. The start time to water varies but one thing is for certain, while you're flowering...you want to always make sure that you water at least for hours before the lights go out. There are other factors involved as well like your temperature that will play a keep part in this.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
No when you water at night you jeopardize the effectiveness of your yield. Think in terms of a person. Its not good to drink a whole bunch of water before you go to sleep. Its the same concept for plants and humans. Don't do it, because you want to give yourself the chance to be in optimal conditions. The start time to water varies but one thing is for certain, while you're flowering...you want to always make sure that you water at least for hours before the lights go out. There are other factors involved as well like your temperature that will play a keep part in this.

I grew in rockwool top drip for years - watered 4 times with the lights on and once during lights out

its not good for the plants to dry out - thats the only way your going to jeopardize the effectiveness of your yield

besides the obvious getting up to the bathroom id like to hear how drinking water before i go to bed is somehow bad for me

44 years and I never heard that one

A

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

Growing in rw on trays you will need to water at least once when the lights are off as motherload said letting them dryout is the last thing you want an with 4 or 6 inch rw cubes it happens in hours with a good root system... I think the problem here is people giveing advice on growing methods they don't understand... nft systems are built to run 24/7 an they have killer yeilds same with non recirculating dwc..... Az

Top Bottom