Watering for rockwool ?! Any suggestions.. how much and how often

• Thread starter Greenmachine21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Greenmachine21

Greenmachine21

Currently using 6 inch rockwool blocks . Grodan Hugo blocks to be specific , just started second week of flower .. lights turn on at 6pm first watering at 8pm for two minutes about one litre of water and second watering at 3am for two minutes also . For a total of around 2 litres of water per lights on cycle .. is this too much ? Too little .. leaves are cupping upwards but from everything I’ve read that’s a heat issue not watering issue . Plants droop a bit at night but perk back up 3 hours before lights turn on again .. just wondering what everyone else is doing for there watering schedule with these type of blocks . thanks for any input !!

Greenmachine21

Greenmachine21

Currently using 6 inch rockwool blocks . Grodan Hugo blocks to be specific , just started second week of flower .. lights turn on at 6pm first watering at 8pm for two minutes about one litre of water and second watering at 3am for two minutes also . For a total of around 2 litres of water per lights on cycle .. is this too much ? Too little .. leaves are cupping upwards but from everything I’ve read that’s a heat issue not watering issue . Plants droop a bit at night but perk back up 3 hours before lights turn on again .. just wondering what everyone else is doing for there watering schedule with these type of blocks . thanks for any input !!
New to this .. first hydro grow ever .. ran soil before quite a few times .

HeLLfiReZ

HeLLfiReZ

They look fine to me, its normal for them to droop a bit at night. Maybe a few close up photos to be sure.

Nugg

Nugg

I only use 1" for starters,then my roots hang in water.. typical dwc..but I'd start by seeing how dry they got in-between watering..I'm sure it all depends on heat, humidity,and how plants are drinking..in my system I never water the rw after initial soak for seeds...IDK water the saturation is of rw..like how much oxygen is contains soaked..?

specklefart

specklefart

I hope this helps: Our drip system basically goes:
In Veg we like to get to roughly 70% wc and dry back to 50% (Start watering 1-2 hours after lights turn on & last feed 2-3 hours before lights turn off)
In Flower we get to about 60% wc and dry back to 35-40% (Start 1-2 hours after lights turn on & last feed 3-4 hours before lights turn off)
- approx. 100 - 105ml shots but depends on the number and length of feeds you prefer.

The chart below shows how the block water content should look. I always check mid day for a small run off.
View attachment 873179

Top Bottom