Watering help needed please! Coco

• Thread starter Nectarivorous
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Hi all. Day 45 from seed, I've dealt with some issues from water stress due to early teething issues on my first grow. Learning a lot as I go. The main girl that has struggled is a bit runty but still has plenty of nice bud sites, but looking at leaves suspect having trouble getting enough Mag. I was getting slightly high pH out at about 6.8 off 5.9 in. Was also struggling to get EC out up, though I think I was going high there anyway having not adjusted for the switch to RO water. I was getting about .5 EC less than I was putting in.

After flushing with Crystal Clear, I did a second flush the next day of RO water, with silica and fulvic and some cannazym to help break down any bad roots. The next night I did a regular watering but with no nutes, just with gnat killer and let that soak in the soil overnight (got some runoff).

I'm now doing 1.2 EC of A+B, rhizo, cannazym, silica and fulvic, pH to 6.0. Am getting out 0.3, but pH up around 7.3. Any ideas?? I've just done a wake up water of 400ml each but I've dropped pH to the bottom of Coco range, down to 5.5, just to try and get the pH of the medium down. Is this a common thing with flushes? Is there an obvious explanation? I imagine it does take a few waters to get back up to EC after a flush, but any chance I'm watering too often at twice a day?

I'm getting good runoff, though up to 30-35% at times so I know I don't have my watering dialled in just yet. They never get more than 5% of pot volume across a day but normally across two watering and I still get around 30% runoff at that amount, which suggests maybe watering too often? I thought they'd need every bit of that by now...

Just think they look a bit yellow, I've heard flushing can stunt them and try to avoid it, but I seem to remember Aqua saying he does his every two weeks??

Any help appreciated. I've moved the LEDs from 17-23 inches to drop the PPFD and avoid pushing them to work while the medium is low. Have read since then that this is always good practice when flushing. Any and all help so greatly appreciated. Thanks farm fam.

Watering help needed please coco
Watering help needed please coco 2
Watering help needed please coco 3
Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Does this help? This is the only one I can find like this btw so not a widespread thing. PS gnats have disappeared since treatment

30A7FE23 FE1B 4BEE A716 9D0310FDF5D9
Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Sucks being on the other side of the world from my guides haha. Any time I have time to look at my plants it's 4 in the morning there. I feel like Aqua Man should have some sort of Aqua Signal. Like a raindrop in the sky. Inside a maple leaf.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Also I looked at them again with fresh eyes, they're not that bad. Definitely leaves from before the flush, like the one above, showing low mag, new foliage pretty light but only had one hit of nutes and was slightly lighter to ease them back in.

I always felt having low EC just meant my plants were taking everything I was giving them so it wasn't building up, but somewhere read that it shouldn't be lower than EC in. Then I read somewhere else it's GREAT if it's under, and possibly means they could take more. Either way I don't think it was cause for panic but I do suspect that one plant had some lockout. Would still love some input. Also look at this loose unit.

C5DB4745 00EC 4574 87E8 E76128452EA7

Latest posts

Top Bottom