Watering my seedlings

• Thread starter KSSR
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KSSR

KSSR

Ok so I am now on grow number 2 but I know I am not watering my seedlings correctly, they are just growing way to slow. I need to find the sweet spot but I'm just not finding it. Could anyone possibly give me some pointers on watering my babies.

growsince79

growsince79

Ok so I am now on grow number 2 but I know I am not watering my seedlings correctly, they are just growing way to slow. I need to find the sweet spot but I'm just not finding it. Could anyone possibly give me some pointers on watering my babies.
Use a scale to weigh them wet then weigh them dry. Make sure you let them dry between watering.

Madbud

Madbud

How large is the container? They really like dry more than wet, makes the roots spread.

KSSR

KSSR

When they start drinking you’ll know it but wait until the first three finger leaf to water. Like BW said, roots grow faster than leaves, bottom of the solo cup by the time the first single leafs grow out.
So maybe just mist them and keep the top soil moist until the first serated leafs. Then water with half the volume of the cup

Madbud

Madbud

So maybe just mist them and keep the top soil moist until the first serated leafs. Then water with half the volume of the cup
Sure if you want fungus gnats. Keep the top dry, no roots there anyway. Half the solo cup is about 250ml, i water with 50ml and thats plenty.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Do you water till 10 to 20 percent run off ?

KSSR

KSSR

Does anyone know what this is? I caught leaf septoria on the last run and now this one is showing signs of the same thing. Any ideas on how to rid myself of this I'm scared my baby is gonna get really sick

20200422 121839
20200422 121845
growsince79

growsince79

Temp stays around 75 maybe 80 and the humidity is less than 45%
Almost looks like my tomatoes after too much rain. Like some kind of blight. I spray them with 1TBS/g baking soda.

KSSR

KSSR

Almost looks like my tomatoes after too much rain. Like some kind of blight. I spray them with 1TBS/g baking soda.
So I also just found that my ph meter wasnt working properly. But how much water do you use with that much baking soda?

Madbud

Madbud

The leaf curling is usually heat burn but if you had septoria and reused that soil it could be back.

growsince79

growsince79

So I also just found that my ph meter wasnt working properly. But how much water do you use with that much baking soda?
1 gallon water-1 tbs baking soda works fairly well on tomatoes. My neighbor told be about it. He also said the blight lives in the soil. Using mulch prevents the soil from splashing on the leaves when it rains.

KSSR

KSSR

1 gallon water-1 tbs baking soda works fairly well on tomatoes. My neighbor told be about it. He also said the blight lives in the soil. Using mulch prevents the soil from splashing on the leaves when it rains.
Well the crazy part is this is indoors. I never take them outside. And I caught leaf septoria on the last grow but I cleaned my tent really well before I put this one in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom