Watering Pro Mix Question

• Thread starter BuddyLuv
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BuddyLuv

BuddyLuv

First time growing in pro mix.. this shit doesnt dry out.. been 5 days since i fed my plants.. pro mix is still wet as hell.. wtf does a guy do?
Saturate until runoff? Wait 5 days in between watering?
Water small amounts at a time and water more frequently? Trying to get a handle on this .. another question i have is.
Does the moisture in my pro mix still contain nutrients after 5 days of no watering? Is my plant still getting the essentials? This shit of not watering for days and days is beginning to bother me.. please advise me you pro mix users.. Peace

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
sounds like your growing under leds. Is this the case? With lower temps and less IR and radiant heat your media will stay wet longer. Remember you need to let promix dry enough to allow O2 to reach the rootzone. Just not dry out completely.

But I see your dilemma, when is the right time to water again to allow enough nutrients to be taken up without keeping the rootzone sopping wet.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
if lack of heat due to the lighting your using you could set up a fan to play/oscillate across the media to help it dry faster. Just be diligent and not let it dry all the way out. This should help up your feed and watering frequency.

BuddyLuv

BuddyLuv

I am using pro mix HP with mycorrhizae.. Yes I am using LED'S . Do I water until I get runoff? Or just water less than that.. They are in 3 gallon fabric pots.. Would like to know what others are doing for success. And yes @jumpincactus that is exactly my dilemma..... I will put another fan in there and direct it towards the pots themselves.. Thanks to all that are responding.. Much appreciated.. Peace

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

How mature are the plants and in what size pots?

My seedlings would go a week before dry enough to water in solo cups under t-5’s and it starts over about a week between watering to good runoff when transplanting to a 1 gallon.

And 5 days average after the final transplant to a 3 gallon pot.

As the roots grow more the watering cycle shortens. Final 2-3 days dry cycle in my garden under 2 600 hps lamps.

Balanque

Balanque

I probably lose a lot of moisture because I do everything under cmh from seedlings to big plants. I water/feed my plants to run off and then let them completely dry, usually takes about 4-5 days for the first time and progressively faster, usually transplant when they are drying in about 2 days.

BuddyLuv

BuddyLuv

My plants are 4 weeks old and I will be transplanting to 7 gallon pots eventually.. They have been in 3's for 10 days or so. Thanks @MIMedGrower and @Balanque this is helpful..

Top Bottom