Watering Question

• Thread starter Lotaclams
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lotaclams

7 weeks in veg 600 watt mh 24 hrs soil 7 gal smart pot. going to be gone for 7 days do you think cutting light back to 18 hrs would help out with lack of water while I'm gone temp stays around 75 going to flood plants before I leave been watering every 3 days

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
7 weeks in veg 600 watt mh 24 hrs soil 7 gal smart pot. going to be gone for 7 days do you think cutting light back to 18 hrs would help out with lack of water while I'm gone temp stays around 75 going to flood plants before I leave been watering every 3 days
Can I suggest that you raise the light as high as possible , clean off as many fan leaves as you can stand and top her to slow down her growth rate. She will be stressed and drink less, by the time you return she will have recovered her vigor and will be thirsty. Because if your watering her every 3 days, 7 days is a stretch.
I wouldn't leave them soaking in a pan of water that'll just kill the roots.

L

Lotaclams

I
Can I suggest that you raise the light as high as possible , clean off as many fan leaves as you can stand and top her to slow down her growth rate. She will be stressed and drink less, by the time you return she will have recovered her vigor and will be thirsty. Because if your watering her every 3 days, 7 days is a stretch.
Thanks I just hate stressing them before I switched to 12 an 12 not much on removing leaves I am one of those growers that think less is more when growing a weed

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I agree with the King. You will drown your plants having them set in water for a week. It will help to add a layer of good mulch to your pots to slow evap rates down.

L

Lotaclams

I agree with the King. You will drown your plants having them set in water for a week. It will help to add a layer of good mulch to your pots to slow evap rates down.
Not going to set them in water just move light up cut back time to 18 hrs an flood them just before I leave thanks for the mulch idea I have some potting mix that is really fine and light I will top with that

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
You can do 16/8 if you want... good luck.. 7 days is a long time... you might want to take a milk jug and fill it with water and poke a tiny hole in the bottom and set it in the pot.

Top Bottom