Watering Question

• Thread starter Nanoman303
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nanoman303

Nanoman303

Hey guys my grow is going great. . Day 14 into flowering with two plants . Two 5g cloth pots . Pots were dry and light so I usually dump 1.5g of water in each . This time the leaves have curled down like I have over watered . I haven't change the amount but was the first time I let dry totally out. . Did I over water ?

Smerb

Smerb

Hey guys my grow is going great. . Day 14 into flowering with two plants . Two 5g cloth pots . Pots were dry and light so I usually dump 1.5g of water in each . This time the leaves have curled down like I have over watered . I haven't change the amount but was the first time I let dry totally out. . Did I over water ?
You may have waited to long to water... we farmers can use a picture and more info to help....

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

I'll bet the root ball never gets wet, I've seen this in fabric pots before. Insufficient irrigation leads to a dry inner root ball that requires a drench ( like in a bucket ). Fabric has HUGE surfaces to lose moisture, and dry out internally faster than you would think.

And doing that during flower is pretty much telling the plant the end is quite near. Die already. You can probably save them, but they will never quite be the same or be optimal in expression.

Nanoman303

Nanoman303

Never let them dry out in flower
Curling down not dropping is different
Curling is possibly over nuting

Hb

I can't see that bieng the issue I'm pretty light on feeding nutes.

Nanoman303

Nanoman303

I'll bet the root ball never gets wet, I've seen this in fabric pots before. Insufficient irrigation leads to a dry inner root ball that requires a drench ( like in a bucket ). Fabric has HUGE surfaces to lose moisture, and dry out internally faster than you would think.

And doing that during flower is pretty much telling the plant the end is quite near. Die already. You can probably save them, but they will never quite be the same or be optimal in expression.

Thanks I'll keep an eye on them and water more frequent. This morning before lights out they actually seemed to perk back up.

H

hawkman

Dry days are important - Green House Seeds let's their test plants go for 5-7 days (reference their test grows) without water one should when growing in soil have dry days (1-2 per week) this also help with nutrient lock-out

jipp

jipp

Dry days are important - Green House Seeds let's their test plants go for 5-7 days (reference their test grows) without water one should when growing in soil have dry days (1-2 per week) this also help with nutrient lock-out
when should one start doing this. 4 weeks from seedling for example?

chris.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
If you are growing in dirt it is important to let them dry out between waterings. Sometimes a plant will droop after a good drenching, I would water until its saturated with a gallon most likely and then come back 15 minutes later and water again until water runs out the bottom. With cloth pots youmay be getting dry spots if you just dump 1.5 gallons of water on them.

jipp

jipp

If you are growing in dirt it is important to let them dry out between waterings. Sometimes a plant will droop after a good drenching, I would water until its saturated with a gallon most likely and then come back 15 minutes later and water again until water runs out the bottom. With cloth pots youmay be getting dry spots if you just dump 1.5 gallons of water on them.

yeah im in dirt, and will be using cloth pots.. did not know they had so many problems.. bought them from some grow web-page recommendation when iwas looking for in before i found this forum.

i did read that you should water till 20 percent run off.. this waters but also pushes the bad air out and puts new air in DUH. when i read that i was like well that makes sense. heh. i just thought of it has watering the plant.. not pushing bad stuff out, and putting new air in etc..

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

yeah im in dirt, and will be using cloth pots.. did not know they had so many problems.. bought them from some grow web-page recommendation when iwas looking for in before i found this forum.

i did read that you should water till 20 percent run off.. this waters but also pushes the bad air out and puts new air in DUH. when i read that i was like well that makes sense. heh. i just thought of it has watering the plant.. not pushing bad stuff out, and putting new air in etc..

Water slowly. Don't just pour it all in quickly. Causes water runs in the soil. Slowly slowly. Always water twice if you can with a small gap in between like Drmcshunkins says. A watering can with a fine rose will help in soil.

jipp

jipp

Water slowly. Don't just pour it all in quickly. Causes water runs in the soil. Slowly slowly. Always water twice if you can with a small gap in between like Drmcshunkins says. A watering can with a fine rose will help in soil.

like this:

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

like this:

Yes. The long reach one I have to get to the back plants easier. You get a far better more even watering in soil with a can and rose. You don't want any dry spots as that compromises your roots.

Nanoman303

Nanoman303

IMG 3509
Girl perked back up and flowers are taking off !!

Latest posts

Top Bottom