Watering regime - Anyone; help?

• Thread starter swede
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

swede

Hi I’m pretty new to growing and have a few questions and was hoping someone would be willing to help.

I have a 4 pot Wilma system with coco soil and was wondering what my watering regime should be. Should I be running the dripper system 24 / 7 or should I be watering in cycles?

Can anyone help?:smiley_joint:

R

Rural_GrowOp

I would go with cycles as the coco retains moisture. Its something your gonna have to play around with. Ask USAPotvr1 he is running a sinilar setup. Hopefully he'll chime in soon.

T

thc4sim

Hia swede!

with the wilma you water in cycles, not 24/7....
i started hand watering mine and have not gone back to using the res or pumps..
just good ole hand watering, i find in veg its every day or 2 and in flower every 3-4 days..

ojd, is using the wilma system too, and i think he uses his res...

Oh, yea welcome to the Farm!

F

FastForward

Yep...definitely not 24/7.....that's for hydroton generally.....I handwater coco too, like Sim.....some are in an old ebb and flow that I use the res to collect run off.

If I were you I'd start off with a once a day watering regime, then maybe up to two or even three times a day when they really start flowering and drinking heavily, then back down to once a day.

L

lil ze

I use to use the 4 pot wilma but have stopped only because i find it easier and less mess when i hand water.I converted my wilma to a drip to drain system as i wanted fresh rez water when feeding, The plants liked this better.The way i used the wilma after many months of killing plants lol was to turn pumps on twice a day some times 3 depending on how wet the soil is for 15 min each time, i would do this most days depending again on how the plants are taking the water. then in flower the plants take more water so i was doing it 3 times a day for 20 mins each water. i am usng coco coir and this does hold the water very well so sometimes i have not watered for a few days till they dried out abit, hope this helps

S

swede

Thanks for the comments all - very much appreciated. By the sounds of things it's probably best to watch, monitor and water accordingly. I think from your comments i may even try watering by hand to start with and see how things go. I get the babies tomorrow so can't wait to get started!

Thanks again everyone.

Swede.

Top Bottom