Watering Schedule

• Thread starter Unosnow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Unosnow

Unosnow

Hey wanted to pick your guys brains about watering schedule, from my experience in the greenhouse ornemental and vegie business, i always found it useful to water the veggies (or any fruits) daily if i knew they would be capable of drying out with the assistance of sun+heat+wind.

I am wondering if i apply the same logic to a indoor grow, using at least 1 ground circulating fan to help the breathable pots dry if i could achieve this same affect.

I know i would have to switch my feed routine and use more H2o days in between feed days but i truly like to water daily.
Any and all advice welcome as always and thanks in advance for everyone help you guys have been awesome! Very welcoming community!
Ready.
Set.
Water Schedules!
GO!

xenon730

xenon730

cannabis thrives on a fast wet dry cycle. Speeding up drying usually results in faster growth. if they dry within a day, yes daily watering is the ticket. Outside of hydro and using certain media certain ways, you want to let it dry. Watering daily without it reaching a certain level of dryness would slow growth as opposed to increasing it. It's also much easier to overwater than to underwater.

Unosnow

Unosnow

cannabis thrives on a fast wet dry cycle. Speeding up drying usually results in faster growth. if they dry within a day, yes daily watering is the ticket. Outside of hydro and using certain media certain ways, you want to let it dry. Watering daily without it reaching a certain level of dryness would slow growth as opposed to increasing it. It's also much easier to overwater than to underwater.
Awesome man thank you for the advice!
I am pretty new to this but have a decent amount of training with almost all other plants that grow in the north east, so thats kind of what i was thinking!
I have a small 360 degree fan that has been helping the breathable smart pots dry out and have been watching my fert scheduling as to make sure it doesnt build up and then blast the plant all at once.

Oh yeah i learned my first lesson of over watering during my first winter cycle at the green house! It was a MESS! haha!

You guys rock!

jaybodankly

jaybodankly

Overwatering to a degree is poor drainage. Need good flow. 1/3 perlite keeps the soil open.

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Hey wanted to pick your guys brains about watering schedule, from my experience in the greenhouse ornemental and vegie business, i always found it useful to water the veggies (or any fruits) daily if i knew they would be capable of drying out with the assistance of sun+heat+wind.

I am wondering if i apply the same logic to a indoor grow, using at least 1 ground circulating fan to help the breathable pots dry if i could achieve this same affect.

I know i would have to switch my feed routine and use more H2o days in between feed days but i truly like to water daily.
Any and all advice welcome as always and thanks in advance for everyone help you guys have been awesome! Very welcoming community!
Ready.
Set.
Water Schedules!
GO!

Water when your pots feel light I only have to water every 2-3 days my 5 gallon pots some plants drink more then others so I will add some water here and there if plants need it and I don't have time to fully feed the entire garden. Feed water feed towards the end I feed feed water

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

They definitely seem to grow faster if they dry out and are waterd daily. Talking veg as long as you're humidity is low enough and you have decent air flow you can push your temp up to 85 degrees Fahrenheit. That should definitely dry your pots out fast enough to water daily.

Latest posts

Top Bottom