Watering set-up ideas for tray with smart pots w coco

• Thread starter aperry975
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

aperry975

I'm brainstorming some ideas for watering some coco filled smart pots on a ebb and flow tray with a reservoir underneath for run-off. What kind of reservoirs, tubs, etc.. are people using to mix say 20-50 gallons in and whats the most care-free way to get it into the smart pots from the reservoir, want to drain to waste so I'm gonna be adding a second reservoir, don't want to use the one currently underneath. Kind of leaning toward some some of watering wand but I'm not sure exactly how to do it. Maybe a pump connected to the wand and then plug it in to pressurize it?
I also have some stakes I can push into the coco and build a drip but I'm not sure if I want to consistently spray the stalk in the same spot all the time. Is this even an issue? I've always flooded in the past and flooding above the stalk was always a no no.
Any ideas would be helpful even if not mentioned above. thanks for the help.

SCARHOLE

SCARHOLE

Your pump idea works, Got friend who does it.
Just get a submersible pumps that has garden hose ends.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Click Me

Here's a link that should give you a great start! Tell'em Crom sent ya!

A

aperry975

Thanks, great link. I ended up using an old pump, buying a wand for $8 at home depot and spending a few bucks in the irrigation section to get the hydrofarm hose to connect to it. Works well. Probably get a drip working at some point and soak it once a day with a timer. Hard to come from full hydro and have to start watering again, its like taking a step back, although love the coco as a medium. Seems very hard to overwater, very intriguing substance.

altimood

altimood

I'm running coco for the first time with huge success. I use 21 aurora 3 gallon soft pot conta-ners in a 3 x 7 configuration in a 4 x 8 tray. I flood the tray with about 90 gallons of nutrient solution at 1000 ppm twice a week reusing the nutrient solution once. I store the nut's in 45 gallon brute containers with lids from Home Depot and that's it. Simple. You're choice of methods is limitless as everybody has their own way of achieving the same goal. I grow a lot of plants so I try tio keep it simple. I'm loving the coco. I use Canna coco by the way. Enjoy!

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

I run more perlite than coco and it works really well but requires more frequent waterings.

Latest posts

Top Bottom