Watering system need some advice.

• Thread starter CFC7143
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CFC7143

CFC7143

So I have a question about setting up an automated watering g drip system I have most of everything figured out but I can’t seem to figure out what pump/timer to buy? Can someone break this down for me. Like do they make timers that are at the start of the system? Or do I need to buy a pump that has a built in timer? Basically I’m looking for a timer that will pump water at specific times for a specific amount of time if that makes any sense to anyone haha

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

So I have a question about setting up an automated watering g drip system I have most of everything figured out but I can’t seem to figure out what pump/timer to buy? Can someone break this down for me. Like do they make timers that are at the start of the system? Or do I need to buy a pump that has a built in timer? Basically I’m looking for a timer that will pump water at specific times for a specific amount of time if that makes any sense to anyone haha
You just need a digital timer that allows you to program down to seconds.

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Go to cocoforcannabis.com and see the DIY section on self-draining saucers and the whole fertigation system. It even has links to purchase components from Amazon US and Amazon UK. I just followed the links and it couldn't have been easier. I ended up with a Nearpow digital timer, which seems very popular. It is a bit quirky to program (big hint: use the Confirm button every time you change something), but it works fine. You can set up at least 10 separate on times and 10 separate off times, down to the second. (Mine are set to 35 seconds, 4x/day).

One thing I did NOT see at the above site was how to deal with a siphon effect, from reservoir out to the plants. I have a 14 gallon reservoir that is pretty tall, and at first it was just draining out onto the pots via siphon after a watering. I solved that by making a tiny hole in the tube coming up out of the reservoir, but still on the inside. Now a few drops of water get pumped out there when the pump runs, and it just falls back into the tank. But as soon as the pump shuts off, the siphon breaks, a bit of water drains out of the tubes and all is done.

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Go to cocoforcannabis.com and see the DIY section on self-draining saucers and the whole fertigation system. It even has links to purchase components from Amazon US and Amazon UK. I just followed the links and it couldn't have been easier. I ended up with a Nearpow digital timer, which seems very popular. It is a bit quirky to program (big hint: use the Confirm button every time you change something), but it works fine. You can set up at least 10 separate on times and 10 separate off times, down to the second. (Mine are set to 35 seconds, 4x/day).

One thing I did NOT see at the above site was how to deal with a siphon effect, from reservoir out to the plants. I have a 14 gallon reservoir that is pretty tall, and at first it was just draining out onto the pots via siphon after a watering. I solved that by making a tiny hole in the tube coming up out of the reservoir, but still on the inside. Now a few drops of water get pumped out there when the pump runs, and it just falls back into the tank. But as soon as the pump shuts off, the siphon breaks, a bit of water drains out of the tubes and all is done.
I use the drain away trays I won on here and love them.
B21CF456 4C00 4AA0 8EC8 5F80A75418E3

N

Newber

Seaflo pump (with mesh strainer) with drip emitters, they water evenly from pressure. Run "drip clean" in reservoir to prevent build up. Cheap, reliable and easy.

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Do you have a pump to suck out that water from the trays ?

Whats the PVC connectors size for the Drain Away trays ?

Thanks
The pvc size is 3/4 inch but they suggest bumping up to 1 inch if connecting more than 6 trays together. Only pump I use is for the bucket at the end of the pvc. The pedestal in the center is level and the tray is slopped to the drain hole which creates flow.
3CE53980 E227 4593 A203 BB49C79D8A7A

Last edited:
PK1

PK1

Supporter
I think 1 min intervals are better than the once that goes by sec. You can always add a valve to adjust the flow of water.
We use this. However, i would find one that has more programing capability as this one only has 8 or 10 i believe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom