Watering Thoughts????

• Thread starter Izarah
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Izarah

Izarah

I have 4 plants in 5 gallon cloth pots growing in ocianic fox farm soil. Indoors in a tent with led lights. I've been watering them 1 gallon every three days or so. With a schedule of water then feed then water etc. my question is do you guys think I should keep that schedule or change it from 1 gallon to 1/2 gallon? This would require more watering but would also allow me to feed them with nutrients more then once a week. Trying to come up with the best results for my little grow to produce as much as possible.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
That's a pretty loaded question, because there are a lot of variables involved.
You're probably better off keeping the current schedule that you have. As far as measuring how much water your watering them, this is good, but I would make sure that your watering until you have 10 to 20% runoff.
Because if you're feeding bottle nutrients the half-gallon may not produce any runoff and you may get salt buildup in your soil. Runoff is mandatory for healthy plants imo. And so is waiting until the soil is dry before watering again.

And as long as the plants are happy and not showing deficiencies, it's not important how long your going between watering. Besides, once those plants get to full size they're going to be drinking a lot more water than they are drinking now.

Hope this helps.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Feed/water repeat...
You didn't mention the size or how long they have been in those pots.
Long enough till fill with roots?
Since they are cloth pots some of your water prolly will air dry before all nutes are used up.
So when the water dries it leaves behind unused nutrients. So each time you feed, it builds up.
Mostly near edge the of the pot, it become hot in that area.
And eventually become a problem, so definitely get run off, but also try to do a flush.
You can use saran wrap or plastic and wrap your cloth pots, that way the water can fill up your pots and leach down your medium.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

That's a pretty loaded question, because there are a lot of variables involved.
You're probably better off keeping the current schedule that you have. As far as measuring how much water your watering them, this is good, but I would make sure that your watering until you have 10 to 20% runoff.
Because if you're feeding bottle nutrients the half-gallon may not produce any runoff and you may get salt buildup in your soil. Runoff is mandatory for healthy plants imo. And so is waiting until the soil is dry before watering again.

And as long as the plants are happy and not showing deficiencies, it's not important how long your going between watering. Besides, once those plants get to full size they're going to be drinking a lot more water than they are drinking now.

Hope this helps.
Hey shroomy do u always let your coco dry out between waterings even in bloom?
I'm just starting in coco myself but I'm somewhat clueless but from what I read and have been told I should only let the coco dry out wen I'm trying to fill the pot up with roots and to keep the medium consistently moist in bloom and to really not let it dry out atall or there will be a lot of salt build up in the coco.it does work but wen watering by hand it can be a bit of a pain making sure the medium doesn't dry out atall.if it wasn't as disastrous to let it dry out as has been made out it would be good to know.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Hey shroomy do u always let your coco dry out between waterings even in bloom?
I'm just starting in coco myself but I'm somewhat clueless but from what I read and have been told I should only let the coco dry out wen I'm trying to fill the pot up with roots and to keep the medium consistently moist in bloom and to really not let it dry out atall or there will be a lot of salt build up in the coco.it does work but wen watering by hand it can be a bit of a pain making sure the medium doesn't dry out atall.if it wasn't as disastrous to let it dry out as has been made out it would be good to know.

Im coco I don't let it completely dry out, but almost.
But Izarah is in Fox farm soil so it's better to let soil get dry before watering.
Peace

N

Nog

Fertilizing every second watering sounds like too much; the OP is growing in soil and soil holds nutrients, so the nutrients will stay in the soil for quite a while.

In soil I fertilize one every two weeks.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I have 4 plants in 5 gallon cloth pots growing in ocianic fox farm soil. Indoors in a tent with led lights. I've been watering them 1 gallon every three days or so. With a schedule of water then feed then water etc. my question is do you guys think I should keep that schedule or change it from 1 gallon to 1/2 gallon? This would require more watering but would also allow me to feed them with nutrients more then once a week. Trying to come up with the best results for my little grow to produce as much as possible.
More feeds dont always mean faster/bigger buds. The plants only eat so much and keepin a proper ph, air exchange and temps are much more important

Top Bottom