Watering...what methods work best?

• Thread starter Link0486
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Link0486

Link0486

Ok so again sorry to keep touching on topics that have been already talked about I went through a lot of the previous threads and didn’t find exactly what I was curious about I have people in my ears telling me stuff on complete different ends of the spectrum and I’ve tried various methods but I don’t want to do something and hurt my lovely ladies...so Ive been growing in (smart pot) coco/perlite Mother Earth mix and for any of you using it you know it’s a very light mixture compared to some other mediums. When it comes to feeding I’ve always been told that you feed till 10-15% run off and then wait till it dries to where the pot is light and water again...this other guy says I should be feeding it lighter with no run off and every other day as opposed to when the bucket gets light..when I was doing his method my plants were all clawing and folding and what not so I flushed them and started doing it the way I have been taught and now they are flourishing...I’ll post before and afters but basically I was wondering is there a point where I stop watering till it dries to water I’m a little confused because he’s not the first to say it but I see better results on waiting till the pot is light to rewater. Plus they are in 10 gal pots and he says the roots will grow too fast and become root bound. Any info would be wonderful! (First two pics are before and the second two are after I changed watering method)

Wateringwhat methods work best
Wateringwhat methods work best 2
Wateringwhat methods work best 3
Wateringwhat methods work best 4
TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

When they are smaller you can go a day or two between watering but when they start drinking give them what they want when they want it. Letting coco dry out can cause nutrient lockout.

Link0486

Link0486

Just a little clawing, I'd ease up on the N
Don't let them dry out at all. I water mine every day when they are that big with full strength nutes.
So we were watering everyday and I ran into a lot of probs including clawing and the leaves that weren’t clawed were folding upwards...I did a flush because I didn’t want them to die with just ph’d 5.9 water and some powerSI about half the recommended dosage and then waited for them to get light before watering again which took almost 5 days then I watered them 1.8 gal each for a little run off.. Saturday night was the last time we fed and now maybe today or tomorrow I’ll feed again and they’ve gotten so much healthier a darker green color as opposed to the light lime green color...

I have a few strains I’ve never had these before they are majority turtle pie, cereal milk, gelato, docidoes mixed with Redneck wedding cake, and rozay...if you know which strains are better than others that would be nice I want to start cloning in the next couple months!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

As the media dries nutrients become more concentrated and you start seeing tox and salinity issues with lockout and ph issues.

Soil needs to be treated like soil, peat like peat, coco like coco and various forms of hydro accordingly. There is no one answer and thats why you will never find one. But many mistakenly transfer info from one to the other IMO

Recently did a thread on coco here you may find helps answer some questions.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

So we were watering everyday and I ran into a lot of probs including clawing and the leaves that weren’t clawed were folding upwards...I did a flush because I didn’t want them to die with just ph’d 5.9 water and some powerSI about half the recommended dosage and then waited for them to get light before watering again which took almost 5 days then I watered them 1.8 gal each for a little run off.. Saturday night was the last time we fed and now maybe today or tomorrow I’ll feed again and they’ve gotten so much healthier a darker green color as opposed to the light lime green color...

I have a few strains I’ve never had these before they are majority turtle pie, cereal milk, gelato, docidoes mixed with Redneck wedding cake, and rozay...if you know which strains are better than others that would be nice I want to start cloning in the next couple months!
I can't tell you which one is the best to clone. I like to just grow mine out and which ever one does the best I leave some larfy bottom growth on when I harvest and then reveg it and take clones.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

I use the 3 part flora series with a calmag supplement and I follow the bottle directions pretty closely most of the time. What do you use?

Link0486

Link0486

As the media dries nutrients become more concentrated and you start seeing tox and salinity issues with lockout and ph issues.

Soil needs to be treated like soil, peat like peat, coco like coco and various forms of hydro accordingly. There is no one answer and thats why you will never find one. But many mistakenly transfer info from one to the other IMO

Recently did a thread on coco here you may find helps answer some questions.

As for concentrated nutes in soil every third feed is water and honey only with run off to clean it out.. In your opinion is this something wrong to do?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

As for concentrated nutes in soil every third feed is water and honey only with run off to clean it out.. In your opinion is this something wrong to do?
Nope that absolutely right for soil... I like feed feed water. With synthetics getting some good run off and with organics no runoff and instead you want to keep between 30-60% soil moisture. The reason is synthetic is immediately available and can build up. In organics its not and if we feed to runoff we are removing the available nutrients from the soil.

Link0486

Link0486

Wo
Nope that absolutely right for soil... I like feed feed water. With synthetics getting some good run off and with organics no runoff and instead you want to keep between 30-60% soil moisture. The reason is synthetic is immediately available and can build up. In organics its not and if we feed to runoff we are removing the available nutrients from the soil.
Would this apply for coco perlite mix as well I said soil but actually it’s coco/perlite

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Wo

Would this apply for coco perlite mix as well I said soil but actually it’s coco/perlite
No absolutely not... if doing coco organic there maybe some tweaks depending on how ya doing it.

Look here for coco perlite.

Latest posts

Top Bottom