watering

• Thread starter moyerjoey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

moyerjoey

if growing outdoors and in the woods how would I get water to my plants without being obvious

and what about the rain do I have to be worried about that drowning my plants

im in the us on the east coast below ny but above virginia where would be a good place to get some seeds discreetly and safe but all females and good though

T

twisted metal

Order seeds from this site and have them mailed to a safe addy.

K

KushyNutt

You gotta go near your spot and dig a big hole...you then line the hole with a tarp and fill it with as much as you will need for awhile...then you get a piece of plywood preferably to cover your spot and cover that with brush and such. also you can hide your shovels, pumps , food , gardening gear....whatever the case may be it works. Stay Safe

D

dooobster

if growing outdoors and in the woods how would I get water to my plants without being obvious

You can run flexible tubing, buried just under the surface of the dirt, from a water source to your grow... or, you can carry gallon jugs out to your grow in the middle of the night.

and what about the rain do I have to be worried about that drowning my plants

Only if they're in poorly draining soil, or planted someplace where water pools up.

im in the us on the east coast below ny but above virginia where would be a good place to get some seeds discreetly and safe but all females and good though

There are several seed banks around, they've got feminized seeds for sale & will happily ship them to wherever you live. Google "Cannabis seeds" and see what comes up :)

O

ODGG

5 gallon Military Watering Cans Made by Scepter. One in each hand. Thats ten gallons each time out, if theres a stream near by, these things fill up in 5 seconds. Unless you plant in a marsh or where the ground is muddy allot, you will not drowned your plants.

Hell...even when it rains, and im out, i STILL water my plants, cause the water i give em got the good stuff in it.

Digging extra holes is laborsome and running piping is conspicuous. I love the 5 gallon scepter, they are a great item to have.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
like the 1st guy said you can dig a few holes on a slope fill it with a tarp and cover it with plywood

S

still smokin

i go to the store and buy 2 gallon jugs with r/o water. can carry one in each hand and hide then near your crops till you need them .take back home and get refill for pennies in the same container. I have ten of these sread out amonst my crops in the weeds so when i empty it i take them home to refill and bring them back when i return

S

shroomyshroom

i carry down 2 x 20ltr water jugs... my water source is half a k away when you have to water 5 plus plants its gets you super fit :D

N

NBfrost

pumps , i use a gas powered pump , it has 3 inch inlets and outlets , it pumps 48 cubic meters a minute . u can also buy smaller pumps, wich use garden hoses and they work well too.. they are small , easy to cary and light , pluse they use garden hose so u dont have to buy a special intake hose... And u can go to your local hardwear and an buy a muffler for a lawn mower and it is practaclly silent

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
although all those ideas a great, i think the point is how can it be done stealthy. if someone sees you carring water jugs into the woods you might as well kiss those plants goodbye

B

bubbak

yes Kid, plus the path that will develope from many trips.

swamp tubes have treated many a grower to a good harvest - the roots get air at the top, the deeper tap roots get water as they need it

if not near a swamp and if you want to compensate for rain (good thing to keep in mind) use res up hill a bit (filled by a quiet pump - 4 stroke wx10 honda mini pump from lake or river - revving low with homeade sound shroud works for me) and from the res - gravity feed blumats - they shut off when the soil is moist by the clay sensor- no power required, but the line through them must be cleaned once and a while and use an inline filter to your res.

blumat%20logo%20600.jpg

T

TurboGSR96

I am also below NY and above VA, I just wait until its dark and carry 2 5gal pails back into the woods, its been raining for pretty much 2 months straigh it seems my plants are not moving as fast as I want and are all stretched out from lack of light.

T

tophmaster

thats a treal ass idea bubb i like it. just might have to use that

B

bubbak

thats a treal ass idea bubb i like it. just might have to use that

I like em toph :)

but just remember that they are like any drip emitters, and will plug from minerals, dirt & algae - where the tube piches open and shut depending on the mousture of the ceramic sensor. For a grumpy old fart like me it beats the shit out of packng water - i am not in great shape anymore, and also making the dreaded path has always happened to me packing in water. This way I am only out there 1/10 the time and still try to walk different ways, etc

I check em everytime i fill the res which is several rain barrels plumbed together, covered with pine bows - often I change out the few inches of tube that feeds through to a whole new piece but thats probably overkill. They use this thin brown tubing that feeds through them and I grommet that into larger hose in a snaking pattern throughout my garden run.

please note: dont try to save money like I did and a few others have, by only using one sensor and T-ing it off to several plants. we've all ahd problems doing it that way.

cheers

B

Badmf

No mention of polymers? Well they will if applyed correctly save many trips in and out. Mix them in a 5 gallon bucket and come back or wait a few hours as it congeals add it (25-35%) lower portion mainly but for fresh starts put some near the surface. About 6"s down. You may use nutes when you mix it for more boost too. Mulch the top 6-8"s and it will also slow evap. Don't forget fencing to deter animal disturbances. The Honda WX10 works well but is very very loud so plan your "fill" time wisely.

Latest posts

Top Bottom