Waterproof hanna PH meter broke from water

• Thread starter bloads
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bloads

bloads

Do these things have a warranty? I bought it like 4 months ago. Today while I was using it to check Ph, it turned off. Upon looking @ it closer, there was water droplets on the inside of the display.

K

kes5480

ur asking us if it has a warranty? u bought it...lol

just bustin u bro, honestly i dont kno. just had to be a smart ass...
peace

J

JAHGYDI

i always buy products from hydro stores that will replace product if breaks.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Hanna is a good company, if the hydro store won't stand behind it, Hanna will.

E

Emithsuk

Best move I made was to drop the hanna red waterproof combo meter in the trash and buy the blue lab combo ph/temp meter. Have a lush green garden again. The hanna was always questionable to me and the whole time I used it I had leaf problems like twisting and odd shaped burns. It would always calibrate perfectly. The blue lab has worked great so far, faster measurements and no issues to date.

cannabeans

cannabeans

hanna meters

6 months on probe and 1 yr on unit.
should be under warranty

I

Island Sweet Sk

Hanna has great customer service. They took care of me with no problems, you just need a receipt. GL

OGONLY

OGONLY

My Hydo store handled my PH meter problems with no issues. They even gave me a new probe for free when my meter wasn['t working properly. It continued not working properly and they swapped my Oakton for the Haana no questions or receipt needed.

I really like my (black) Hanna meter. Needs to be calibrated once a month, besides that no issues.

D

DazedNconfussed

Best move I made was to drop the hanna red waterproof combo meter in the trash and buy the blue lab combo ph/temp meter. Have a lush green garden again. The hanna was always questionable to me and the whole time I used it I had leaf problems like twisting and odd shaped burns. It would always calibrate perfectly. The blue lab has worked great so far, faster measurements and no issues to date.

I had the black hanna combo...dropped it in once and same thing...water droplets inside never worked again...hydro store wouldnt replace...went to a new store and bought the same blue wall mount combo and its awsome....

Dz1PnK

Dz1PnK

no such thing as waterproof electronics. its water resistant, act accordingly...

cannabeans

cannabeans

kinda true....

no such thing as waterproof electronics. its water resistant, act accordingly...

KINDA TRUE..... but the hanna meters say the may be submerged in water, or left floating in the resovoir.

Hanna 001
T

theTinker

I have up my Hanna Red PH pen today for a yellow milwakuee.

The hanna was great for 3 months, then began to have sessions of being +/- 5.0 off the real PH. No calibrating could fix that swing. I dunno what happened to it.
I kept it moist and calibrated in a PH 7 solution.

It would go like that for a day or so, then get back to normal, then go again.

Ill try this new brand out and see which i stick with!

Dz1PnK

Dz1PnK

its designed to float in case you drop it so it doesnt sink to the bottom of a rez... not to be left floating. and sealed against humidity, doesnt say you should submerge anywhere on that label

bloads

bloads

its designed to float in case you drop it so it doesnt sink to the bottom of a rez... not to be left floating. and sealed against humidity, doesnt say you should submerge anywhere on that label

Maybe they should remove the big black letters on the front of the meter that say "waterproof". I don't remember reading anywhere on it "only slightly water proof" or "do not submerge". It simply says waterproof.
733.jpg

Hydro store was able to exchange a new one for it, even w/o receipt. Thanks San Diego Hydroponics.

Top Bottom