Wattage Questions

• Thread starter tomiland
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tomiland

tomiland

Wattage is still a bit of a mistery to me... Because LEDS came in the pictures and now I'm not sure wattage is the unit to focus on? Wouldn't it be more accurate to speak Lux per SqFt? I'm still reading on this subject, hopefully will be more educated soon.

For now got a MarsHydro 300W on Amazon for my first grow, using White widows seeds.

Lamp did its job I think, although once again it's my 1rst time growing. I was advised going DIY cob cree for more serious results, there's great help online, and just finished building my lamp 4 days ago and re-potted yesterday from one to seven gal geopots. Still work in progress, I ordered a Mylar roll for the walls and will probably need another lamp...

Cost was steep, $500, but you get what you pay for. In Socal, electricity is expensive and from other local growers I heard of $100++ monthly bills, so you do the maths and make your choice.

The plants spent 35 days under the MarsHydro 300, way too long for my taste but it took me a while to finish the build :D
I will compare later on with my next grow.

Another note, you'll notice the smaller plant on the left, this one was grown in a basic 1 gallon plastic pot VS fabric pots. I'd be happy to hear some thoughts on that, but it seems geopots are clearly doing a better job?

Last important note, and on this unlike lighting, I have years of experience on "regular" :) gardening - the soil.
I always do a diy mix similar to the Subcool supersoil, cooked for months in a trash container under the sun,
+ weekly compost tea.
Wattage questions
Wattage questions 2
Wattage questions 3
Wattage questions 4

Grow4me

Grow4me

Wattage is still a bit of a mistery to me... Because LEDS came in the pictures and now I'm not sure wattage is the unit to focus on? Wouldn't it be more accurate to speak Lux per SqFt? I'm still reading on this subject, hopefully will be more educated soon.

For now got a MarsHydro 300W on Amazon for my first grow, using White widows seeds.

Lamp did its job I think, although once again it's my 1rst time growing. I was advised going DIY cob cree for more serious results, there's great help online, and just finished building my lamp 4 days ago and re-potted yesterday from one to seven gal geopots. Still work in progress, I ordered a Mylar roll for the walls and will probably need another lamp...

Cost was steep, $500, but you get what you pay for. In Socal, electricity is expensive and from other local growers I heard of $100++ monthly bills, so you do the maths and make your choice.

The plants spent 35 days under the MarsHydro 300, way too long for my taste but it took me a while to finish the build :D
I will compare later on with my next grow.

Another note, you'll notice the smaller plant on the left, this one was grown in a basic 1 gallon plastic pot VS fabric pots. I'd be happy to hear some thoughts on that, but it seems geopots are clearly doing a better job?

Last important note, and on this unlike lighting, I have years of experience on "regular" :) gardening - the soil.
I always do a diy mix similar to the Subcool supersoil, cooked for months in a trash container under the sun,
+ weekly compost tea.View attachment 548761 View attachment 548762 View attachment 548763 View attachment 548764
your post won't get much attention on my thread, I don't think. Nice grow!

indicabush

indicabush

Thanks @indicabush , just got the app, will test it today! Im having trouble with your link tho :)

Your Welcome...link was up early this morning, please try again later (just tried myself). Which app did you get to aid you? I have three of four myself.

tomiland

tomiland

Your Welcome...link was up early this morning, please try again later (just tried myself). Which app did you get to aid you? I have three of four myself.
Sorry for the late answer :D I'm using Lightmeter by David Quiles.
I'm ordering 8 more leds, cxb3590s @3500K, should be good for a 6*6 area. Right now I'm growing 10 plants on a 6*4 area, seems a little weak on the edges, but the plants seem good at 21 days flowering.
We'll see in 5 weeks! I'll post photos each week.
It's my first grow ever so I can't really compare my successes and failures with previous grow, only from what I see online, and I checked pictures of White widow at 21 days, they look quite similar to mine so I think it should be OK.
21DAYS 001

21DAYS 004

21DAYS 003

21DAYS 002

tomiland

tomiland

also just got some new seeds, and building two more lamps, must prepare for the next batch.
VCDC/Brooklyn Mango/Chocolate covered strawberries/Mint Chocolate Chip
Seeds

Latest posts

Top Bottom