Wattage size(50watts/Sqfoot)question

• Thread starter vonwolfen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vonwolfen

vonwolfen

I have seen lot of people using the 50watts(min.) a Square foot as a rule of thumb. I have also seen a few people using a specific number of plants per watt as(ie 1000watts=6-8plants, 600watts=4-6 etc)..Are these different opinions or something completely different?
Also if I do the Watts per Sq FT do I calculate in fluorescents as well? I am using T5 fluorescents, 1 4' light magnetized to each side of the ballasts(color is 5000 to give a better overall spectrum with the HPS light running at 2500).....Thanks in advance

~xO Kakalak Ox~

~xO Kakalak Ox~

Calyx Bros. Seed Co.
I would use a 1000w for a 4x4 area or a 600w for a 3x3 area.

C

captain.koons

the 50w per sq ft minimum was written in a marijuana botany book i think clarke's as an optimal amount of light. more can be utilized, Swerve uses 100w per sq ft and gets great results.

I've used anywhere from 60-90.

plant spacing is completely opinionated, I say regardless of your plant count make sure you have a full canopy. IE, looking down above your plants you should see nothing but leaves.

Z

zooted

since it is inside and in pots I would agree that it is light per square foot. the bigger area for a plant the larger it gets. That assuming your using a strain of high caliber with big yields that can take advantage of the light provided. Optimal try and match 10,000 lumens per square foot-or that equal to the sun on a summers day.

Fred Flintstoned

Fred Flintstoned

50w per foot is a baseline measurement. More is better, to a point. Beyond 90 or so I'd say you're wasting your money.
Plants to the square foot measurements are in direct relation to weeks of vegging. This changes with every strain, It's something you'll have to figure out over time. A good starting point for a 50/50 hybrid would be 1sq. ft. for a 2-3 week vegged plant The more Indica, the more veg time, the more Sativa,less time.
Fred

Top Bottom