Watts/Sq.Foot ?

• Thread starter MissyGreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MissyGreen

After reading some threads, it sounds like quality bud is grown under 50-70 watts/sq.ft. Does this hold true for both veg and flower stages or can you get away with less in the veg stage? Thanks everybody...

D

DazedNconfussed

you can use alot less in veg......if your only veging to around 1'-2' you dont need much....although a larger light in veg will produce tighter internode spacing, much much fatser growth, and much thicker stems and branches and more of them.....veging under the t-12's is like slow motion compared to a 1k....but can be done just fine.....just takes longer

Tank333

Tank333

I do my vegging under a 1kw MH in an air cooled hood. The internode spacing as absolutely awesome, especially compared with flouro's. I have a friend that uses CFL's, and there's really no comparison. You can even root clones under it, if you put a couple layers of cheesecloth over the dome.

Imo, part of the reason you don't need as much light to veg with is because during veg, the plants are still nice and small, and can be grouped rather close together. During flowering, your plants will double or even triple in size, requiring the plants to be spaced further apart, and needing more light to penetrate the thick canopy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom