Way to see where your co2 is going.

• Thread starter budfriend
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
budfriend

budfriend

Is there a way to see where your co2 is going.

Anyone know a way to see where your co2 is going. So i Know co2 is heavier than air so it is supposed to drop down so most people hand there co2 burner above there plants.

Well what happens when you have fans and exhaust going all the time although the exhaust may not be that hard it is always going to create negative pressure. Are you creating co2 that is just getting moved around and then out the room never falling down on the plants.

In the past i've put the co2 burner below the plants especially in the summer when i have the exhaust turned up higher thinking it would get pulled up into the plants because of the exhaust.

So does anyone know a way to color the co2 or something to see where it heads after it comes out the burner.

Oh and to those that say you cant run co2 with exhaust going that is not true because i can definetly tell a difference if the pilot is lit and i get light headed if the burner is going if im in there awhile. More so in the winter if the exhaust is low and just going for smell and to keep negative pressure.

So what do you guys think

J

Janus

A/C shops sell little smoke bomb like deals you can track your airflow with. Also, incenses, cigarettes, etc. work. You're not using a co2 monitor? You're just cycling it? Certainly it can be done but plants def don't dig high fluctuations in co2.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
CO2 is used in sealed rooms and sealed rooms don't have exhaust. Otherwise you are just exhausting CO2. A straight line from you CO2 machine to the exhaust intake is likely where it is going. Yes oscillating fans can swirl it and possibly make it available to the plants but it is still going to get sucked out of the grow room.

E

ent

seal up the room.
vent the hoods through a closed loop system.
you might need an a/c to keep the temps down, but with co2 you can let them get a little warmer.
you might need a dehumidifer or an exhaust fan hooked up to a humidistat because with co2 your plants release more moisture.
get a controller that can link your co2 to your cooling device. i like the sentinel chhc-1 for the price.

i know this sounds like a lot just to do co2 properly but with 600w or more it'll pay for itself in one harvest. when your room is sealed you'll deal with less pests, less pathogens. when your in complete control of your environment, real testing and development can begin to get things 'dialed in' as you see fit.

g'luck.

ogtealover420

ogtealover420

I would shoot for the controller with fuzzy-logic as it has many features and capabilties.

budfriend

budfriend

what do you guys think is the best controller. Got one vote for the chhc-1 from ent. price is a factor.

I found this one : Titan Kronus 3 Day/Night Temp CO2 Controller
The Titan Kronus 3 Day/Night Temp CO2 Controller controls temperature and CO2 in you grow area at your preferred day and nighttime settings. $304.95
Save: $70.00 off

Pretty cheap. i think they are a new company and everything is so overpriced maybe they decieced to be more reasonable?

Also someone said the igs is the most reliable they have used.

My local hydro store recommends the chh1-1 like ent

so what do you guys think. I like the cheap one if it works.

peace

E

ent

what do you guys think is the best controller. Got one vote for the chhc-1 from ent. price is a factor.

I found this one : Titan Kronus 3 Day/Night Temp CO2 Controller
The Titan Kronus 3 Day/Night Temp CO2 Controller controls temperature and CO2 in you grow area at your preferred day and nighttime settings. $304.95
Save: $70.00 off

Pretty cheap. i think they are a new company and everything is so overpriced maybe they decieced to be more reasonable?

Also someone said the igs is the most reliable they have used.

My local hydro store recommends the chh1-1 like ent

so what do you guys think. I like the cheap one if it works.

peace

i like the chhc-1 so much because when you start to introduce co2, you'll want to seal the room up. this will cause an increase in humidity and maybe heat. with the chhc-1, it controls heating, cooling, humidity and co2. this type of device will allow you to link devices together. for instance, if your cooling device is an exhaust fan, you can link your co2 and cooling device together. when the fan needs to click on to cool the room, co2 clicks off. sometimes during hot days, an exhaust fan may never turn off. without linking the devices your co2 tank will expire quickly. i would imagine the other co2 devices have an a/c cord that might be able to hook up to cooling devices, so you can get the similar effect, but it's much easier in one device.

the deadband is adjustable for heating, cooling, humidity and co2 as well. a deadband allows you to set a range. ie- temps can be kept between 75-80 with a 5 degree deadband. co2 can be kept between 1400-1500 with a 100ppm deadband (and with fuzzy logic, it will help to keep ppm's from spiking and dropping). it does what a $1000 device an do, for under $600. buy one device and you can stop worrying about future devices. between 3 grow rooms, i've used the chhc-1 for a total of 7 years, no problems.

what i do before i buy any electrical devices, whether its tv's, stereo equipment or an environmental controller, is i download the manual and read it. this lets me know of all the features and i can visualize how this device will work with my setup. i can ensure it will do what i am trying to accomplish. here is the chhc-1 manual.

budfriend

budfriend

thanks ent

check out the titan kronus i posted. it seems to do all three and even offer a day and night setting and has a plug for a heater at night. Id love to hear what you think.

E

ent

thanks ent

check out the titan kronus i posted. it seems to do all three and even offer a day and night setting and has a plug for a heater at night. Id love to hear what you think.

i just downloaded the manual for the Kronus 3 and started to read it. the way i understand it, the Kronus 3 is a temp/humidity controller, with an input ready for a co2 controller. I saw this in the manual:

Plug your CO2 Controller (Atlas 1) or a repeat cycle timer (Apollo 1) into the “CO2 Output" outlet.

i also saw this:

25 foot modular remote temperature sensor. (10 & 50 foot cables available)

no mention of a co2 sensor. i don't think it is a co2 controller, it's a temp/humidity controller with some software and an a/c input that allow for you to get a co2 controller (the atlas 1) and plug it in.

budfriend

budfriend

your right ent. thanks. i need to start reading manuals also. Have you had any experience with the IGS controller?

J

julsbagell

Premium Member
Supporter
Get the sentinel I have three controllers 2 cap and 1 sentinel. The sentinels by far the best.

M

MrMIMedPot

Controller

One vote for the CHHC-1 or if you get the new one the 4. I've had other controllers in the past and think it's probably the best bang for the buck. As a stand alone device it works great but they really should get a good Computer software package for it though as it does allow for this via. the RS232 connection on the bottom.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

i have both controllers and my titan has outlived 2 of the sentinels
they both worked great but the titan lasted longer

Latest posts

Top Bottom