Ways to reduce heat without AC.

• Thread starter FosterOg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FosterOg

I know this one of those questions. if i move my light closer to my cannabis can i turn my light down to reduce heat. I’m running Mars hyrdro Fc 4800 in a 4x4 tent. I’m hoping not to have to need AC yet. My pink kush starting 4th week of flowering. Temps getting into low 80s

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
This isn’t answering your direct question but more to just the title of your thread. I opened up the door to my grow space a few times when I couldn’t control the heat, along with running my vent fans continuously. Lots of messing around with things : )

M

monkey47

I know this one of those questions. if i move my light closer to my cannabis can i turn my light down to reduce heat. I’m running Mars hyrdro Fc 4800 in a 4x4 tent. I’m hoping not to have to need AC yet. My pink kush starting 4th week of flowering. Temps getting into low 80s
Yes ofcourse you can.
Less wattage less heat
and if i am not mistaking every 10cms the light has to travel it loses half of its intesity (atleast when you use lumens as a way to grade light intesity)

your light is not even 600 watt so investing in an ac unit like that one person does seems a bit silly, unless when you want to run a closed system for adding co2

What kind of air extraction are you running how much ? ofcourse it depends on the envirement but I think i would take a bet saying what I use to cool my grow tent where i use 250 watt hps would easilly be overkill for your heat dispensation situation.

F

FosterOg

I’m trying to keep
Yes ofcourse you can.
Less wattage less heat
and if i am not mistaking every 10cms the light has to travel it loses half of its intesity (atleast when you use lumens as a way to grade light intesity)

your light is not even 600 watt so investing in an ac unit like that one person does seems a bit silly, unless when you want to run a closed system for adding co2

What kind of air extraction are you running how much ? ofcourse it depends on the envirement but I think i would take a bet saying what I use to cool my grow tent where i use 250 watt hps would easilly be overkill for your heat dispensation situation.
im running a ac infinity 6” fan to exhaust air to the outside. I’m trying to find ways to help keep temps below 85. When the outside temperatures are in the 50’s my tent easily hits 84-85 . And my light is only running at 80% thanks

Newty

Newty

I’m trying to keep

im running a ac infinity 6” fan to exhaust air to the outside. I’m trying to find ways to help keep temps below 85. When the outside temperatures are in the 50’s my tent easily hits 84-85 . And my light is only running at 80% thanks
Are you in flower? 80% seems high to me unless you're in the middle of flower or your light is really high above the canopy.

Intake fans help, that's what I run. I see heat issues in flower but it's only 30-50 this time a year so I just crack a window, with the intake fan it just helps all that more. Actually, I just might of helped you, did you try opening a window or is your tent in a living space?

Is it you just don't want to run an AC because it's not the right time of year?

Your exhaust fan or duct is at the top of the tent right?

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
if i move my light closer to my cannabis can i turn my light down to reduce heat.
It should work. I've noticed, however, that there seems to be an optimal range for the light's distance. It probably has to do with dispersion of the light. So, I try for a minimum of about 18 inches. Offhand, I don't have any science to support that notion. It's just an observation.

We try not to grow during the summer to keep the house cool, and conversely, we try to grow more during the winter. The plants' "day" can also be during our night, which can reduce electricity costs if there are variable rates where you grow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom