We have liftoff

• Thread starter BigBud09
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigBud09

BigBud09

I thought i should start off a new set of seedlings germinated 19 three days ago they popped up the next day all 19 of them :sun there not fem seeds so i don't know if they will be male or female i have the light on 14/10 and high humidity to help increase the no. of females

We have liftoff
We have liftoff 2
R

Rolln J

get your light closer or your next post will be:

"houston we have a problem!"

14/9 is not a good option - they should be on 18/6 or 24 hours...

wait where do you live that there are only 23 hours to a day?

W

westsworld

they look so funny!! lol
never seen stretch like it but ive only ever worked with clones

BigBud09

BigBud09

XD 14/10 i know it happened to me with my first grow as well but they turned out sweet Ive even got the light closer this time n their just stretching like crazy also the medical growers bible by jorge cervantes says that fewer hours of daylight [e.g. 14 hours] increases the number of female plants longer days [e.g. 18hours] make more male plants

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
They do look stretched and I agree about moving light closer. You can bury them a bit more when you transplant or add a fan and just toughen them up.

I have tried that method to increase females and I got the same results. In fact for my outdoor grows I usually keep the light on 15-9 for the seedling that will be going out in June because that is what they will see right away outside or close to it. I didn't get any more females than usual though with 14-10. That theory has been debunked recently and I don't think it holds true.

Did you put the seeds to soak before planting and then they came up the next day or was it unsoaked seeds that popped out of the soil in a day? If the later I am really jealous because I have been having to wait quite a bit recently getting seeds to pop.

What light are they under and what light will you flower them with?

Good luck Bigbud!

R

Rolln J

more I read cervantes, the more I find I disagree with him...

I gave my friend some of my OG clones a while back when he set up his first medical grow and he had some other stuff in there as well - anyway the bible said some shit about turning back to 12/12 and then a few weeks in changing to 14/10 because it increases yield by 20-25% or whatever - well half his shit didnt know whether to grow buds or veg and it grew some scraggly ass shit that hermied and seeded everything.

find what works for you, because at the end of the day thats what works best - but stick to basics...

veg 24/0 (not my favorite) or 18/6 and bloom is 12/12!

and if your using flouros for seeds (which is best) they should be inches off the plants.

lol arent you glad you started a grow log so we could all tell ya what to do?!?!

:smiley_joint:

seriously though we may come off harsh but we want to see you succeed!

R

Radio_Dread

Yeah for only 2 day old seedlings they do really looked stretched out alot. I have never heard of using 14/10 to get more females. but then i guess whatever works for ya go with it. Good luck with the grow dude

RD

BigBud09

BigBud09

I soaked the seeds overnight Tobor b4 i put them in cubes ye that light needed to be lowered "done" atm their only under a compact florescent soon as they start veggin whack them under a 250 cfl or i mght try a 400w hps the 250 cfl worked sweet on my first grow

veg 24/0 (not my favorite) or 18/6 and bloom is 12/12!
lol arent you glad you started a grow log so we could all tell ya what to do?!?!
seriously though we may come off harsh but we want to see you succeed

:rofl Thanks for the advice Rolln J but this is not my first grow log check out ["my first grow" thread] "[sativa dom day 60"] n many more lmao I know what light to give them i just thought i try it on this next grow and also so they wouldn't stretch as much but to be honest im gonna put it back on 18/6 its only been on 14/10 for 2 days so i think changing back now will not make any difference my first grow i had the seedlings on a 20/4, 18/6 veg, 12/12! bloom but in the end i had to get rid of 8 plants due to them being male

dannyk892009

dannyk892009

Damn I would be afraid that a fan would just push those over at that height for their age

L

landcruiser

hey how goes it?
they're stretchin for light,(in de dark).its called etiolation .see plants dont need light to grow,they need light for photosynthesis\transpiration to make food.dat'll prob be the reason for pale leaves on seedlings(no chlorophyll ).
you may need stakes,bbq squers or chopsticks!
also if they dont flop over and die you should repot them deep.
goog luck

BigBud09

BigBud09

Here's a few more pics of my seedlings been about a month now looking a lot better not got as much stretch going on like they was at first, they pulled through in the end
:fighting0040:

BigBud09

BigBud09

Cheers cheesybud their under a 400w powerplant super veg Metal Halide now so they should start veggin nicely :rock:bong-hits:

BigBud09

BigBud09

Here's a few pics of them in the larger room with the powerplant superveg MH the plant in the middle in a blue tub is a big bhudda blue cheese clone

BigBud09

BigBud09

How close do you think i should have the 400w MH?? now their about 12 inches away??:passingjoint:

BigBud09

BigBud09

12" too far away or is that right also i have been thinking about throwing them into flower early but i wanna get a decent yield off them, flowering them early now would it affect the overall yield?? any info on this will be much appreciated, thanks
:banana:

R

Rolln J

12 inches is about right for a 400...

if your flowering under the 400 you dont want them to get to big as it doesnt have the penetration of a 1000 - so vegging them too long could actually affect your yield...

BigBud09

BigBud09

Thanks for the advice Rolln J atm i have them on 18/6 with a 400w mh superveg bulb Ive got 400w hps lights for when they go into flower whats the ideal size for them to go into 12/12? my first grow i think i grew them a bit too tall my biggest plant was 74 inches at harvest this time im shooting for the 50-60 mark, what do you think?

BigBud09

BigBud09

week 2 veg

Just a few more pics of my little beauties
Mrs big Buddha blue cheese i coming along nicely, gotta love the blue cheese

Top Bottom