We need to unite

• Thread starter bigwillis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bigwillis

I have been wanting to post a call to action. I saw texas kid throw out the idea of a boycott. I used to grow for a big MMC with 6 stores and big grows. I was mysteriously let go a few months ago. They told me it was because of what i do outside of work. Which is grow and move product. Hmmm? I guess its a complement that 1 man could threaten them in any way. This isnt about me its about us. I know most of us risked a lot to get to where we are. And now a lot of us can only watch as the market we created gets trampled on. I'm all for the boycott as I have no reason to ever shop at these stores and I know there are a few who do things right. None of us got to where we are by staying in bounds. Somewhere there is healthy balance. Its between the steady and needed pushing of the envelope and inviting 9 news into your basement. How can we as caregivers survive this next wave of regs. and craziness? What about forming a caregivers union or council? A product pool where patients and caregivers can network and find out who is about to drop what strains and when. Bi monthly contests to see who has the goods. Monthly meetings to exchange grow advise and expand our circles. There are much smarter people on this site than me I just wanted to throw out some ideas. I can no longer sit here and watch. I think we can find ways to excel in areas where they are weak. thanks for your time farmers.

420alldaze

420alldaze

thats a great idea, sounds like youve put some thought into this. im down for a great cause

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

You need to lobby at the State capital if you are to have any success. A boycott is to slow.

You can probably hire a lobbyist for $2000 a month... so get as many as you all can afford.

You can get the information needed to counter MMIG's and CBA's positions and lobbyists(2) from lots of people... just ask around.

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

If you are just worried about what you can grow in your house..... just monitor your local government. They are pretty much the ones with the final say as to what you can or can not do with a grow

sky high

sky high

I respect what yer saying bro....

but fuck me....I wish you "industry" folks would have wised up before you gave this entire show >>>to the State<<< and ya went in blazing full of self-serving motives without ANY thought about the impact on the market/scene as a whole for the REST OF US.

It's a bummer you got dropped from yer job in the "industry"...but hey...at least you can still move product AT ALL after this shitshow. How about puttin in 20 YEARS ("in the industry") and then seeing yer job disappear via a state-ran monopoly and a lack of ANY control over the new game at play??

Blows me away. I must just be an old fart....but I remember the good old days when folks kept to themselves, built their own empire....and paid their dues over time rather than the M'O. of today.... which is jumping from one easy game to the next....wondering all the while WHY shit seems fucked up. FUCKIN DUH.

like I said years ago when the RMH thread started and folks started targeting moving to CO to make their riches.... "call someplace Paradise, kiss it gooodbye"....

Yup.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Unionizing would be legit and extremely helpful when negotiating prices with some of these assholes, but WAY to risky.

S

SoCoMMJ

Unionizing would be legit and extremely helpful when negotiating prices with some of these assholes, but WAY to risky.
Believe me, you don't want to join a union. That would be the worst thing that I could imagine for you to do.

You do need to organize and form a business association, or even a more informal but structured group. The reason is so that you can band together and send a UNIFIED message to legislators. Things don't happen when everybody sends a different message, which is what usually happens with individuals pushing their own agenda.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Believe me, you don't want to join a union. That would be the worst thing that I could imagine for you to do.

You do need to organize and form a business association, or even a more informal but structured group. The reason is so that you can band together and send a UNIFIED message to legislators. Things don't happen when everybody sends a different message, which is what usually happens with individuals pushing their own agenda.

I'm not speaking about legalizing this industry or pushing anything to the government, I would rather form a group that stands for maintaining the prices per elbow. The middle men and the buyers are putting us over a barrel.

K

kolah

I don't think a boycott would have any real effect because such a large percentage of people love the stuff. And the sick and older folks who can;t grow for themselves like the convenience and selections.

The stereotyped "Union" ideas are dead and gone.

Folks have to realize that the MJ "industry" is a business and no different than any other business.
Business is Business. Now if you want to play into the MJ political-arena, you are in a whole new ballgame. Good luck with that shit.

I say to the OP..lick your wounds, make new plans and move forward. The past is gone. Everyone at some point in their life should get shit-canned from their job..just for the experience. It's a humbling kinda thing, lol. I think I was fired from almost every job I ever took on...or I fucking just quit. And looking back..every job that I got fired from? I deserved it! Fuck, who gives a flying fuck.

true grit

true grit

You need to lobby at the State capital if you are to have any success. A boycott is to slow.

You can probably hire a lobbyist for $2000 a month... so get as many as you all can afford.

You can get the information needed to counter MMIG's and CBA's positions and lobbyists(2) from lots of people... just ask around.

then why isn't it being done? plenty of folks with money to throw at that problem. id bet a boycott would work faster than trying to lobby. Just my opinion from experience.

I agree buying your way in is where its at, but doubt it will happen at this point. other folks already bought their way in.

Fuck unions btw.

soserthc1

soserthc1

I don't think a boycott would have any real effect because such a large percentage of people love the stuff. And the sick and older folks who can;t grow for themselves like the convenience and selections.

The stereotyped "Union" ideas are dead and gone.

Folks have to realize that the MJ "industry" is a business and no different than any other business.
Business is Business. Now if you want to play into the MJ political-arena, you are in a whole new ballgame. Good luck with that shit.

I say to the OP..lick your wounds, make new plans and move forward. The past is gone. Everyone at some point in their life should get shit-canned from their job..just for the experience. It's a humbling kinda thing, lol. I think I was fired from almost every job I ever took on...or I fucking just quit. And looking back..every job that I got fired from? I deserved it! Fuck, who gives a flying fuck.
Never will I forget the day I was fired from a job of 20 yrs and the feeling i had driving home to tell my family that I was no longer bringing home the mortgage money , and from that day forward i promised i would never be part of the corporate machine , never looked back , never lived week to week again and never will......

putembk

putembk

The only person I work for is myself. Don't have to kiss ass, play politics or try to satisfy an impossible customer. I only serve my (for lack of a better word) patients and they are easy to please.

S

SoCoMMJ

I'm not speaking about legalizing this industry or pushing anything to the government, I would rather form a group that stands for maintaining the prices per elbow. The middle men and the buyers are putting us over a barrel.

Don't you think that the demand for black market diminish with the legalization that is already here and common retail sales coming in 2014? That in itself will put significant pressure on product value and price on underground sales within Colorado. Every dollar sold in a retail store is a dollar not headed to the black market. There will be many millions sold retail. Caregivers went through this once already when med sales came online in 2010.

The times are changing. You have to look at what is coming down the line and adapt to the market. If I was a private grower, right now I would be lobbying hard for the ability to sell into the commercial market. That piece swept away in the med market, but maybe you can work to put it on the table for the retail sales legislation. Either that, or you can do nothing and just continue to hate on retail shops, like you hate on dispensaries now.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Right on soscer. After my refusal to slavery I finally decided to work for myself.....and it was my first step in jumping out of the Rat Race and the rat shit that came with it.
I could not agree more work for me and my family not money hungry people that could care less about you or your family, just the almighty dollar , started at the place out of high school at minimum wage and work (climbed) the company ladder to store manager of a 110 mil year sales warehouse , got sick never missed a day (6 month infurion treatments) never had a misconduct and all of a sudden once i started making 100k i was no longer needed. It was work , family in that order and it should never be (work) before family. NEVER again that is for sure .... thanks for all the support guys......respect SoSer

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Soco,there will always be a black market because retail/dispensary weed is driven by greed.They could care less about boutique strains or clean weed all they want is the benjamins and just like the pharma industry they dont care about the end results just the money,sure there are a VERY FEW who care but its definitely a minority.
In the end the industry will have to answer for selling shit infested with bugs and full of chemicals,people will start to sue,the feds will start to take down commercial ops like they do here in cali and it will become prohibitive costwise to be in the game unless your a corporation who can afford to cover your bases and when that happens the weed will be bunk as hell and you will either smoke dirtweed or buy black market.Alot of us were here way before dispensaries were even a thought,many before alot of you were born and we'll be right here when the whole deal goes right into the toilet too.
You reap what you sow...

putembk

putembk

I don't believe there will be retail outlets. If you have been reading the news there is a new moratorium almost daily banning retail sales in towns across Colorado. If some are allowed to open don't think it would be safe to be there after dark. SoCo I understand your feelings and hope you continue to prosper but most dispensaries are selling shit these days and greed from shady operations will continue to diminish the quality for most.

S

SoCoMMJ

Soco,there will always be a black market because retail/dispensary weed is driven by greed.They could care less about boutique strains or clean weed all they want is the benjamins and just like the pharma industry they dont care about the end results just the money,sure there are a VERY FEW who care but its definitely a minority.
In the end the industry will have to answer for selling shit infested with bugs and full of chemicals,people will start to sue,the feds will start to take down commercial ops like they do here in cali and it will become prohibitive costwise to be in the game unless your a corporation who can afford to cover your bases and when that happens the weed will be bunk as hell and you will either smoke dirtweed or buy black market.Alot of us were here way before dispensaries were even a thought,many before alot of you were born and we'll be right here when the whole deal goes right into the toilet too.
You reap what you sow...

I didn't say that there would be no black market, I said that it would be greatly diminished. They still sell moonshine. There are just very few 'shiners around anymore and the product is very inexpensive. You seem like you will most likely be in the do nothing and remain a hater group.

It's easy for you to paint such a dark picture of the medical marijuana business, yet you really don't know what is going on outside of your biased image. I was here before dispensaries too, but adapted to the changing environment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom