Weak setup needs help

• Thread starter LfpNYC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LfpNYC

Dear community,

I have been peeking at these forums for a while and I have been very jealous. So, recently I decided to try it out for myself. I did some research, not too much, I'm a busy man, and I asked a few questions, then I went out and made some purchases. Where I live space is an issue so I thought that a nice micro grow could be a beautiful thing. However, the setup I got is not beautiful, it's down right hideous. This is my first time growing so aesthetically I know my setup will get better with time and work, but I just want to make sure that I have everything right and that my babies are going to thrive! or at least just live and bloom. A wiser farmer told me before I started this that it would become an obsession and it quickly has but I need to know what I can do to improve. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading...
Rm 5
Rm 1
Rm 2
Rm 3

Rm 5
Rm 1
Rm 2
Rm 3

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Ok I've never grown in your style, but micro means everything is that much easier to control. Since youre already planted, maybe start with environment, tell us your temps and humidity. Got good airflow? Then there's your medium, looks like a decent soil blend from the fotos, read up a bit there and discover amendments and aeration, perhaps even soil-less mix (coco means faster + many roots!, good for small containers). Maybe use an air-pruning pot (like smartpot) also maximizes roots in tight space. How are your genetics, from a reliable source? (this one thing will make huge difference)

After that, there's feeding, nutes, deficiencies, etc. Is that a small hps? Metal halide and florescents will give you additional/better spectrums, especially for vegging (but def keep the hps for flower-time). Give us more deets and maybe we can give some ideas..

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I'm not speaking from experience, as I never had a micro grow (or a macro grow). If you live in the part of the world I think you do, and space is as limited as it is known to be in that place, you may want to consider some kind of odor control.

outwest

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Uh, yeah, during veg might be just bad enough for you to get used to it and tip off neighbors without even noticing anymore yourself. When flowers come, you're gonna have some stank for sure, and way too late for filters at that point! Ona is a good second-layer of protection too, and can be amped up in emergencies.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
You can draw air out of the space through carbon filter.

outwest

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

You're gonna have to spill more info before you can really get any improvement going. It looks like you have an HPS, what wattage? How big is that space you have? What strains are you currently growing? What problems are you currently experiencing, if any? What would you like to accomplish that you are not at the moment. Seein from your pics looks like you have a closet or corner with 6 square feet. a huge ass fan on the floor and a desk with two babies. I like your setup and the mylar is nice. I wouldn't focus too much on order control yet but if that area is not fully enclosed it could turn into a problem (if your neighbors mind). I'd be more concerned with heat but I live in a hot area you may not have this issue. MORE DETAILS please;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom