Weed grows like Tomatoes? Well I guess so

• Thread starter bloads
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bloads

bloads

I've been feeding my outdoor cherry tomato plants (in soil) with all of my leftover feedings from my girls that are in coco. This runs the gambit from veg to all stages of flowering nutes, day to day (got a perpetual grow).

My outdoor tomato plants are growing INSANELY WELL.

Not sure what the purpose of this thread was, other than to point out to people that it's really easy to grow yourself some extra free food. You can even use your plant's runoff to feed your tomatoes, they definitely seem less finicky than marijuana.

I guess I'll use this thread to ask some tomato specific questions:

Since tomatoes are constantly blooming, not like weed flowers, flushing really isn't an option, is it?
Would they benefit from PK boosters?
Would they benefit from flavor enhancers?
Would they benefit from boosts? (cannaboost/budxl/etc.)

BlackBart

BlackBart

Tomatoes love Magnesium Sulfate (Epsom Salts ) I teaspoon to a gal. Of water . Just about any balanced fertilizer will work . Enjoy !

Cort

Cort

I feed my pepper plants with my run off with good results. free food indeed

phenotyper

phenotyper

My aerogarden growing tomatoes gets my runoff and loves it. Probably confused between the mix of organic and synthetic nutes though : )

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

was wondering about this myself.. subbed to learn more :)

urbanfog

urbanfog

My veggi garden LOVES my Jacks 20-20-20 and Foliage Pro! My yards will never drink any thing else.

Tomatoes (beef steaks, cherry, romas and another I forget)
Cabbage
Collard Greens
Sweet corn
English cucumbers
green beans
jalapenos
Anaheims
habaneros
yellow squash

all loving the jacks and Cal sun~!!! Good karma to all.

M

mrbong73

Compost and homemade yarrow and dandelion extracts for my garden.
Also alfalfa and kelp meal teas, aerated compost teas, etc.

G

gooey

black gold and water in 3 gallon patio style over here....got about 20 containers of diff shit, they love the black gold, last summer in my real veggie plot i hit everything with a top dressing of guano...o my flavor flavor flavor, tomatos are fun to grow as well as herb...peace and puffs

greendreams

greendreams

I'm feeding 2 cherry tomatoes plants, Japanese cucumber plant and a bell pepper plant with my run-off. They love it!! Doesn't make me feel so bad paying so much for my organic nutes.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm feeding everything with well-amended soil and urine. It is my opinion that cannabis grows much more like peppers than most tomatoes. If cannabis grew like most tomatoes then there would be a very long production season during which you'd have to keep up on harvesting buds (indeterminate). Sadly, or not, such is not the case.

Also, peppers need Ca/Mg on a level resembling cannabis. At least mine do.

jean2

jean2

Yes they would benefit from pk boosters, also Liming the soil with calcium carbonate, basically powdered limestone, or gypsum can help provide Ca.Using calcium nitrate as a fertilizer source helps to provide nitrogen as well as Ca. When transplanting place a few crushed up eggshells in the bottom of the hole for a calcium source.

Top Bottom